Friday...... and "its about"

today was busy again.. I guess my days will always be busy.
Library, Homeschool PE.. .. lunch.. shopping for a new bed :( ugh), to the pool while the kids and DH swam (I took the hour to look over two books.. on for teaching art and the other for montessori education).. Home for Pizza and Cinn sticks and Smallville! (season premier on the 27th!) .. and finally.. a workout.

Its 912pm and I just finished.. funny thing is.. I just went in and started doing chest press! .. then after three sets i was like.. WHAT! WAIT!.. its 3Bs tonight!!!! .. so I switched..

squats, Lunges, deadlifts, leg extensions, more lunges, more dancer squats, more reg squats.. and I just kept going.. now the legs are jelly..
next was back.. Lat pull downs.... too many to count.. an then flies..
and finally.. seated bi curls.. and finished it off with concentrions curls.. now my bis are jello! ..

hot and sweaty and the days and yesterdays stresses are left in the gym floor!

I downloaded some new techno music and will be loving my run in the morning with the new tunes.. I began thinking tonight.. how long has it been....

how long has it been .. since:
I went to the doctor? 16 months
I took prescription medication? 16 months
I couldnt go to sleep because my feet hurt so bad? 15 months
I started body for life lifestyle? 16 months

For me.. working out and trying hard to eat healthy is not just about looking good.
  • Its more and more about feeling good.. but even more than that.. its about money saved on doctors visits where I would come home just to spend more money on more medications...
  • Its about feeling fit mentally instead of depressed and stressed. Its about destressing, about conditioning my body AND mind to be more than I think it can be.
  • Its about being there... for my family and for my friends.
  • Its about being strong. .. strong enough to be independent if I need to .. to be able to move and lift heavy things ... about making life easier for my family and myself.
  • Its about feeling great about myself and where I am in life.
  • Its about setting an example to those around me.. knowing that I am no where perfect but maybe I can show others what can happen if you just try.. and keep trying over and over..
  • Its about knowing that it is NOT easy... but its worth the effort.
  • Its about enjoying life as it is. .. with the struggles and joys that come with every day.
  • Its about loving where I have come from and being enthusiastic about where I am going!
someday I will get there.. where I want to be.. it might not be tomorrow or the next day.. but someday.. and until then i will enjoy the present... the present of today.

Comments

Josha said…
big grins, cheering, high fives, and big enthusiasm coming from my way!
Unknown said…
Great post! Really, how inspiring!