the Big Debate (UPDATED)

I have been having this big debate in my head the last two weeks. I found myself talking myself out of going to my reunion. "why would I want to spend THAT much money PLUS gas etc etc to just see some people for an hour and a half." I was still trying to make up my mind even today.. but was leaning towards just not going.

THEN I talked to my Sis.

and she told me about her 20 year reunion and that how she has never regetted going and how she saw people and how it was just so wonderful. Then she started saying how .. and I quote (well not a direct one but close):

"you have worked so hard .. you whole blog is dedicated to this.. you HAVE to let yourself go to the party you have been working so hard for.. you deserve to have a great time and enjoy the fun at the end of the journey you create for yourself.

PLUS

you can't have a blog dedicated to your 20 year reunion and then NOT go!"


then.. she said something that made me laugh but I cant remember what it was.. but it was great.. basically that I needed to go buy something to wear really nice and just shock everyone .. I really wish i could remember how she put it cause it was great..

.....

So..

I have decided..

I AM going (because its not all about me.. its about you guys, its about reaching goals, its about not wanting to disappoint people who will be there.. who might.. possibly be looking forward to seeing me.. )

YOu are the first to know.. havent even told DH.

so..

I AM going
..


AHHH..
which means.. only 33 days left until the reunion!

I better get this booty to the gym and workout.. I missed yesterday.. cant miss today !



I know I know.. I havent posted pics in two weeks.. MY BAD... I plan on taking them this wednesday.. see where I am at... (what traveling has done to my body) and face it.. and be determined to make progress .....


and of course..

now that I am definately going..

I have NO idea what to wear.

Where is that good fairy from cinderella when you need her?


OK..

all for now.. will update after I do the 3 bs.. which I missed yesterday.

Thanks Sissy.. once again.. you have encouraged, inspired and motivated me!!!!


YOU ROCK..


========update=========
Just finished 3bs.. I tell you what ladies.. I am a different person after I lift weights! There is just something about it that makes me feel so great about myself.. I think its because as I lift I can see muscles in places that there never use to be.. well.. they were there but covered in a lovely layer of fat. ... I remember not too long ago.. I would lift weights and find myself asking "why am I doing this?" .. "I am just an old out of shape woman who has not use for bar bells" and I literally would have negative thoughts running through my head the whole time I lifted. .. But not anymore.. Now I find myself saying "THOSE are the muscles you worked so hard for.. see! the proof that hard work and determination works." .. so.. after lifting just one set.. my mind that started out as saying "ok.. I HAVE to go lift because i dont want to miss another day.. its just something i HAVE to do.. switches imediately to .. WOW.. is that ME! now I want to keep lifting and work hard.. .. ahhh.. its so worth the work.. mentally and physically!"

so..

three Bs down.. my thighs feel like jello! (actually they feel like they use to after a three hour softball practice session (i played catcher).. ).. so thats good..

I will have one more free meal tonight (homemade pizza..) and then its back on track.. cause when tomorrow is over its one less day I have to get HOT for the reunion :)

heres some quotes for the week.. or day.. depending on how quote hungry I get tomorrow :)

There is a world of difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it. —Bill Phillips



Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. —John Wooden



The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development. I used to say, "If you will take care of me, I will take care of you." Now I say, "I will take care of me for you if you will take care of you for me.
—Jim Rohn

Comments

JoAnn said…
YIEEPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
As the big sister, I wish I could go with you...to tell everybody how awesome you are! But then they already know that! I'm happy to have had a wee bit of influence on your decision to go or not. You'll have such a blast. I never regretted my decision to go to my 20th. Be sure and check my blog 2nite...guess what the topic is?? hmmm???? Love you so much! Jo