20 min is all you need :)

this morning didnt go as planned. Woke up on "time" but DH had to be at work early. I was dressed and ready to go riding and when I got my bike out.. the tire was flat.. .. which usually isnt a problem. We have an air compressor and it only takes a few seconds to air it up. The only problem was the air compressor didnt have any air and I didn have time to let it run etc.

I also had a shirt I needed to iron for DH. (I pays to do the ironing all at one time :) .. so.. I changed clothes (from biking to running) and ironed his shirt. That left me exactly 20 mins to get cardio done if i wanted to do it outside without the kids:) ..

SO I hightailed it campus.. ran for 9 mins and took a "short" cut and ran home I had 5 hitts.. and by the time i got home I was so hot and sweaty you would have though I was running for my life! :) ..

After making a shake for DH (mines in the fridge.. cause I like to wait 1 hour after cardio to eat).. I sent DH off and did abwork on the ball. UGH>> I am going to be sore there tomorrow! :)

-----
On the reunion front.. ... I got an email from our president... evidently they have had some complaints about the cost of the reunion.. (so it wasnt just me baulking at the price) .. she explained why it cost so much etc etc.. and said she was hoping to have atleast 100 people show up. ... I know I have been wishy washy on this subject.. and i dont want to disappoint anyone.... but I am again debating whether I should go or not. I know there would be people there who would like to see me.. and i wouldnt mind seeing them.. but by the time we pay for gas and an outfit and the reunion itself (150 bucks) we will be out close to 350 to 400 bucks! I can honestly say that if I had an extra 350 bucks laying around it would go to a family vacation, paying for track and field for the kids, piano lessons, or new clothes for all of us, etc. I am trying hard to weigh the options I have here. In one way... I think.. well.. its only money.. and in another I think .. "surely we will have a 25 year reunion!.. and I could go to that one."

I dont want to disappoint. But when I started this whole "get in shape for my reunion business"" I had no clue it was going to cost so much! ..

so..

with that said ..

I will be praying about the best way to handle this. I will of course talk it over with my sweet DH and try to make the decision that I can feel good about. (the other thing is my DH had/has something planned for my birthday.. of which I dont know how much it is going to cost... it is/was to be a surprise and involved and overnight stay somewhere.. .. my birthday is this month too!)




====on the picture front.. I took pictures last night but 1.they didnt turn out to good.. and 2. i found the cord but forgot that when DH updated my system he left me with out a photo program. so.. i will just retake some pictures in a few and have to wait until he gets home with the fancy laptop to load them .. :)



happy Thursday!
R

Comments

Josha said…
good job re-grouping and doing your workout in the face of adversity!
Reunion: You wouldn't be disappointing anyone by changing your mind. we all get to decide how we are going to feel, so I will just decide to be happy about the family vacation and new clothes instead of the reunion! It's all good.