todays eats-extra thoughts

eats for today:
Bfast: eggs and toast
creatine after workout
(i was full from the creatine .. which was just like koolaid.. so I couldnt eat my full about of lunch..see below)
Lunch:1/2 can tuna with 1 egg 1/2 piece of bread
1/2 cup cheerios 4oz yogart with tea (i started feeling like I had NO energy so I decided I didnt eat enough carbs)
Supper: hamburger patty with brown onion gravy with onion and mushrooms, sweet potato.. tea
Shake (oreo.. it was yummy)

I wanted to share something that I have noticed about the people I have seen on "I lost it" and Biggest Looser" .. Without fail every single person I have seen on these shows.. so far.. were turning to food as a comfort because of situations that happened in their life..
I have always turned to food when i would get stressed or sad. It always made me feel better and took my mind off of stresses in my life. I have been learning over the last year that I did have this issue with food as well.. and the longer i live the BFL lifestyle.. the less I use food in this way.. I still have my moments.. but it has turned into a rare occasion.

These shows have helped me see, again, others in a different way.. and it make me want to be MORE sensitive to other people who are overweight and out of shape.. to realize they really are where I use to be and that they are just coping and "dealing" with their stresses of life.

I dont want to be fit to just look hot for myself or my husband. I want to be in shape because how it makes me feel. I have energy like i havent had in years, my feet dont hurt anymore, my c-section scares dont hurt when I get up out of bed the wrong way, my tummy doesnt wake me up at 3 am because its messed up, my skin is so much clearer than it use to be, I dont have headaches anymore, and I NEVER take naps like I use too because I actually sleep alll night!, and I am more confident, and yes, extra bonus.. my husband thinks I am hot again.. like when we were dating!:) :) ...

I guess what I am trying to say is that at first working out and eating this BFL way IS such hard work..(can seem like having a second job) and can become a drudgery.. but if you get going and go long enough it turns into a way of life and once you get to a point where how you feel is more important that what things taste like.. now that's nice. I can say now that I can turn ANY food down.. if I want too.. for years.. there was NO way I would turn down certain foods..for many reasons.. I had to have it!

... ... so heres to Loving how this lifestyle makes me feel.. in more ways than one!

hugs to you all..

Comments