Just the Best Sunday!

Today was a great day. It rained a downpour this afternoon and then cleared off and was just beautiful! So pretty in fact that I decided to take Su for a run around campus :) We did 2.5 miles in about 40 mins.. thats not a great speed but I did walk quite a bit of it:) At any rate.. I did get a runners high! .. Speaking of that.. I found this:

"Exercise is a powerful drug. It seduces many with its Zen-like state a feeling that was fondly coined the "runner's high" in the 1970s. The lure of exercise is often so strong that it can turn enthusiasts into addicts.

"I'm addicted to the high of exercising," says 22-year-old Vanessa. "I can't wait to ride the bike so I can start feeling good. I'm not sure why it happens, but it's like a feeling of relief."

It's common knowledge that exercise produces as many mental benefits as physical benefits. There's just something about exercise that makes us feel better. But what causes that feeling? And can we really become addicted to it?"

click here to read the rest of the article:)

my eats for the day have been good.. although I have been craving water like crazy today.. I think its cause I didnt get enough today :)

  1. choc protien shake, handful of dry cheerios
  2. lean beef nachos, I had a few chips and then half a totillia I tore into small peices and put on top of my meat, hot sauce with tomatoes
  3. peanut butter crackers, open faced (ex. for two)
  4. left over taco with 3 chips
  5. will have a shake
I discovered something this morning.. I like my protien just plain in really cold water. I made so ice water and let it sit on the counter for about 10 min while I was getting ready for church. Then I poured just the water into a glass and mixed in my powder.. and it was great! taksted like choc milk to me :) Glad I figured this one out.. will make breakfast in a rush a lot faster :)

I also did ab work.. since I didnt do it yesterday. Abs on the exer ball, bicycle crunches, and planks!

Great news.. I am getting to go see A in Houston on Thursday! Tips on traveling and staying on eats would be appreciated. (its sooooo easy to just grab fast food when you have a long drive!.. but I cant do that.. its only 60s days until reunion! I need to make every non-free day count :)

how was your sunday! ?

Comments

Josha said…
take marathon bars, ready-to-drink shakes, string cheese, applesauce, salmon in the packet, whole wheat crackers and keep a snack with you wherever you go!
Unknown said…
mmmm those sound great josha!