Bike ride was awesome!UPDATED


A all new mileage high for me today! I took the dog and Cat on a mile ride before leaving to ride in the country with friends... the day was beautiful ... a bit hot (in the 80s) but great for this time of year! We did 16.58 miles together! average speed was 10.5 miles per hour.. which is not bad for how far we went... We are all very excited and hope to be able to break 20 mile mark next time around!! :) yipee! what fun!

After the ride T and I went to subway and at lunch.. it was fun too.. we really didnt want to go in the store in our bike shorts but decided 1. we were hungry and 2. our bottoms are cute enough to not care :) hehe...

so total mileage today is 17.58:) I will probably take the kids around campus later this evening so who know what the miles will add up to:)

Loving life.... need a shower... more later:)

||||||||||||||||update|||||||||||||||||||
919pm.
just got home from riding bikes with the family around campus. I figure 2 miles riding the bike and then one mile walking the dog AND the bike .. I did a bit of my ride off road and ended up with a huge thorn in my front tire.. soooo.. flat tire equals having to walk home while walking the dog and pushing the bike.. Its all good though.. we had fun and I was happy to add another 2 miles to my bike riding for the day.. ..

good news though.. I paid extra to get slime put in my tires when I got it tuned up.. well.. the slime worked..we aired it up when i got home and I took it around the neighborhood.. its fixed!!!:) yipee for tomorrow!

bringing todays total mileage to 19.58! WOW.. I could have been in another town by now :) hehe..

eats for today (free day)
breakfast: fold over pb&j on oroweat bread (high fiber) aobut 3oz coke, water (this is before the bike ride)
lunch: subway sandwich, chicken on a flavored bread , cheetos and a coke
supper: home cooked fries (orida frozen brand), home made hamburger, 2 kebler choc chip cookies, coke
water water water (I have been craving water today.. cause I drank so many cokes and NO tea :)

I have had a tummy ache ever since eating supper.. just a bloated feeling like I ate too much:) I HATE feeling this way! But I know that free day is meant to do several things for me;
  • to let me eat what I am craving so I wont feel deprived and then want to cheat during the week.
  • to trick my metabolism into thinking I have a smorgishborg (how do you spell that anyway.. no in my spell check) and so my body will not retain fat during the week.. thinking it needs to store it up for the future:)
  • and last but not least.. remind me what I use to feel like all the time.. (sluggish digestive system, high and low energy levels, thirsty all the time, and stomach cramps :)
so..

heres to completing a successful free day on the eats :) I am ready to get back on track ... starting with a healthy breakfast before church in the morning :)

blessings!
r

Comments

Unknown said…
You make me want a bike so bad! What kind do you have?
Ruthie said…
mine is a Specialized.. its about five years old.. paid 500.00 for it.. worth every penny .. but .. now that I am getting more and more into it now I am thinking of trading up :) you can look at their bikes at
specialized.com

treks are great too! If you are seriously wanting to buy one.. find a good bike shop and they will fit you to the correct size.. then you can take the bikes for a test spin :)
blessings
r