answer and thoughts (updated link)

to answer joshas question as to how long my bike rides take.. when I go by myself I can do 9 or 11 miles in about 45 mins. this is around campus and my neighborhood.. riding at an average speed of 10 to 14 miles per hour. When I ride with the girls.. we go a bit slower with the highest speed being 10 miles per hour.. The last two times I went with the girls I was back home in about 2 to 2.5 hours.. but that counts driving to the location, visiting before and after etc..

Speaking of biking.. I drove my car up Steamboat Mountain .. Its more of a hill but a big one.. not like the mountain that josha lives on.. but the drive up was amazing with an incredible view.. I have heard of people running Steamboat and biking it.. in fact tomorrow the bike race (which I wanted to go to) they are riding up and down it :) ... I decided not to do the race cause none of the girls I ride with want to do it.. .. so I guess I will wait until next year.. BUT .. I told my friend today that we MUST go ride the mountain in the next few weeks.

And one more thing.. I have just been noticing things more and more about people that are just so confusing to me.. Like at the pool yesterday there was a family.. the mother was smoking but at the same time slathering sun screen on herself AND her child.... .. now.. does that strike anyone else as odd? Also.. (this one came to me from "honey we are killing the kids) so many mothers I hear talk about not eating this or that when they were pregnant (because of the baby) but then once the baby gets old enough to eat they give them a horrible diet.. .. I just dont understand .. ... of course I dont feed my children perfectly but I try hard for their diets to be balanced and try even harder for them to realize what is actually in what they are eating. its just very interesting to me how the decisions people make are in themselves a contradiction. (i dont want my child or myself to get skin cancer but I dont mind at all for them to breath second hand smoke... just crazy to me!.. and then other parents who cant understand while their children are so hyper in the store.. well..I just want to stop and ask them "does the mountain dew in that sippy cup have anything to do with it?"

just interesting.

Anyway.. those are the thoughts for tonight..

I am off to bed.. so I will be rested for the bike ride tomorrow :)

blessings
r

check this article out!: If your friends and family get fat, chances are you will too, researchers report in a startling new study that suggests obesity is "socially contagious" and can spread easily from person to person.

Comments

Josha said…
Thanks, Ruth!
And, I'm with ya on the whole "what are they thinking?" thing. I saw a rather amazing thing...people bike here all the time. It's incredible cycling, too...up passes, etc. I saw one of these cyclists sitting next to her bike, eating lay's potato chips. AND she was probably nearly 100 lbs heavier than she should have been. How??? I ask you, HOW? I've also never understood watching carefully that your child doesn't eat too much candy, but letting them watch all the whatever TV they want...