todays eats and workout

workout:
chest press with the smith machine12.10.8.6 hipoint: 80lbs 6 times
burnouts mens pushups 12.10.8.6 (with about 30 sec rest in between)
shoulder straight arm side raises12.10.8.6 hi-point: 10lbs each hand 6 times twice
burnouts-seated double arm should press with 10lbs 24 total
tris: tri pulldowns concentrating on slloow movements 12.10.8.6 hi point 35lbs
burnouts - tri dips on the bumper of joels car :) 1 set of twelve with knees bent.. the last set with legs straight :)
and.. finished it all off .. another set of mens pushups could only do 9 this time.. my arms and chest were just mush.. with a capital MU.

Eats (completed are in pea green)
  1. shake
  2. low fat cheese stick and one tortilla
  3. 12 peanuts and 1.5 pretzel rods
  4. yogurt cup with granola (right before workout)
  5. hamburger patty, 1 slice bread, two slices tomato, small amount of ketchup, 4 chips
  6. shake
OK.. now that the business is out of the way.. here are the highlights of the day
  • have had TONS of great energy with my smaller meals and more water in my day
  • went grocery shopping.. bought 2 watermelon and 3 cantaloupe.. not to mention the organic lettuce and apples :) yummy
  • took my bike in for a tune up.. (its been slipping gears :(.. ) first they said it wouldnt be ready until thursday.. I acted disappointed and said.. "well.. I AM going campin on Wednesday.... I hint hint).. the guy camp back and siad they would try and have it done on Tuesday or Wed. morning.. (will be nice if they do.. but I can always ride DHs until its ready)
  • workouts out in shorts that use to not go past my thighs :) now they are needing a draw string again:) (i took it out long ago cause I said.. "i will never need a draw string for these ! )
  • took all my (100) books back to the library.. feels great to have that done :)
  • got to visit with friends today.. what fun.
I have decided I have not been pushing myself as hard as I should on my workout.. Do you every watch biggest loser? Well.. I kept visualizing those folks getting screamed at and pushed to their limit at each workout by bob and Jillian.. and decided I need to be my own personal trainer if I want to see gains.. so.. I started screaming at myself in my head today (you want to quit? no you dont want to quit! you are not tired.. you want to do atleast two more! .. .... tired? no you arent.. do some more pushups and THEN you can quit!)

do any of you ever dream of being a personal trainer? I would love to be one of those army drill type instructors :) ... ahh.. wouldn't that be cool.. like when I am 60 to be one of those? Hey.. maybe that needs to be a goal of mine.. instead of the marathon.. get certified to be an instructor? hum.. hafta think about it a bit... but doesnt that picture to the right just look so fun? click on it and it will take you to a web page.. then click on the "slide show" and tell me doing that all day wouldnt be a blast!:)

happy workout!
r

Comments

JoAnn said…
I think you'd make a GREAT personal trainer. I, for one, would have a very negative reaction to a trainer who yells at me. But hey, thats the kind of personality I have. Some ppl are okay with that. You have such an encouraging nature I can't see you screaming at somebody to 'do it, do it, do it' haha! But hey, look into it. luv, jj
Ruthie said…
yeah.. thats one thing I dont like about jilian on tbl... she tends to motivate in a neg. way.. I love Bob.. hes my kinda trainer.. :)
question is.. is 40 too old to do something like that? hum..
Josha said…
40 is not too old for anything.. My opinion as a 41 year old.

Your eats look good, girlie! I'm stickin' with it too! I don't log my eats, do you want me to? would it help ya?