burning time before burning calories

I was going to jump rope, ride my rec bike and do a few "lines" on the driveway while the kids played this morning.. but my ipod needed charging.. so.. while I charge it for a few minutes I found this site which talks of roadwork where you "burn fat like a blow torch":)

ok.. all for now.. more after cardio..

by they way.. did you know cardio comes from the Greek word :Kardia.. meaning heart... Cardio actually means "of the heart". (yes .. we had a little greek lesson a few minutes ago.. after the kids asked.. "what do you mean you are going to do cardio?")

UPDATE:
just finished cardio...
I road my recum bike in the garage while the kids played in the driveway with the next door neighbors kids.. I rode for about 5 min then I tried to jump rope.. sad to say.. my feet cannot take the jumping of the rope.. so... back to the bike for another 5. Then I alternated about two min. of riding and then doing 25 incline situps, then back to the bike.. etc.. .. Until I had done enough to sweat real good :) .. I then did standing twists with the bar on my shoulders.. 50 of those.. THEN I ran "lines" on my driveway with Cat.. I did two sets of 10 touches. // THEN I played basketball with the kids, practicing dribbling and passing like hot potato.. ..

All in all a good cardio workout.. .. and SURE the neighbors think I am crazy.. esp for running lines in my driveway.. but ..what the hey.. at least I dont have wild parties until 3 am right?

My eats for today will be: (green is completed)
  1. Shake with .75 cup dry plain cheerios
  2. taco salad with left over hamburger patty sprinkled on top, three chips crushed on top as well. and over the boarder sauce
  3. Low fat cheese stick(maybe two depending on the protein/fat/carb content) and an apple
  4. supper (?).
  5. shake
k- all for now.. gotta go do laundry and try and organize our garage.

Comments

Josha said…
what do you mean by "lines"? It's funny because this morning, Sara and I ran uphill sprints on the driveway and I said, "I always think I look silly doing this, but hey, no sillier than standing on my front porch smoking cigarette after cigarette." (neighbor is always out there)
JoAnn said…
Okay, I'm putting on my big sister voice. tee hee....Ru, you've got to remember to BALANCE your mental approach. Just like you posted about your wonderful mommie tummy, take the same balanced view of your program. Yes, I'm talking to myself here too, but its progress not perfection. And I often forget that progress for me is mostly a *healthy* self talk about how I"m doing. ok, done with big sister talk! Remember, ODAT! LOVE YOU! JJ