"you can never eat everything you want"

anyone else watch Oprah today? 6 people trying to loose weight with Bob Greene's help. I just finished watching it and one thing Oprah said was "you can never eat everything you want".

sounds simple. Seems like I would have gotten that by now.. and I think I have.. In my head I KNOW I cant eat everything I want whenever I want. But I just want to be the one who is the ONE person that can workout and eat "ok" and still be in great shape. Well.. it just doesnt work that way does it. So I have to make a decision. Am I really happy with where I am right now.. do I want to stay this way. OR.. do I really want to loose a few more pounds, gain some endurance and feel great. ..

the answer IS the later.

Another thing happened today. I had to take the kids in for a doctor checkup (Cat for her eyes and Jo for moles to be checkout).. the kids are healthy.. Cat does need to go to the eye doctor so we have that scheduled.. but Joseph.. My child who has always been big for his age. His weight is over where it needs to be by 12 lbs. When we think about our children and what they eat, how active they are or are not.. how much of that is our responsibility as parents? I want more than many other things for my children to be healthy, strong, and have the energy to be kids. I need to admit to myself that having chips, sodas, and cookies in the house.. even though i dont eat them all the time.. is not healthy for this family. I also need to admit that we need to spend more time like we did last night, running, jumping, giggling, and playing together as a family.

So.. I need to spend some time with Mrs Cookbook., and get back to feeding myself AND my family more healthy.. as well as making exercises WITH the kids an extra priority.

will post later after I go for a run..

blessings
ruthie

Comments