Its not that I DONT want to workout

Ok.. so heres what I have figured out.
Its not that I DONT want to workout. Its not that I HATE working out. Its completely opposite.. I LOVE running and lifting.. .. So.. heres my question..

Why has it been so hard lately to stay motivated to get that workout in?

Because since the illness in our home I got in the habit that working out was an OPTIONAL thing to do or not to do in my life. I started associating my stress with the fact that I couldnt find time to workout.. when in reality.. it is not finding time ... or making time to workout .. Its a completely different mindset to say "working out and eat healthy are NOT an option.. and that no matter what happens today I MUST workout. .. Just like I find time to do the dishes, or read to the kids, or check my email.. I MUST find time to workout. .. End of story.. period."

I dont know if I am explaining myself correctly or not but I am just trying to say that seeing PURPOSEFUL Physical exercises as optional in life is a completely different mindset than seeing it as NOT an option . .. I relate it to people who are "religious" but who only go worship twice or three times a year. .. compared to other people who see NOT going to church as NOT an option in their life.

All this to say.. I must realize everyday that if I want to stay healthy, feel good, have energy, be de-stressed, and just feel great about myself and my choices in life.. well.. then.. that means.. I have NO OPTION.. I MUST workout and eat right.. simple as that.

(getting off my soap box)..
I just finished three Bs..
all the muscles are like jello.. hit it hard in there.. doing many reps with lower weights this time.. but going beYOND fatigue :) feels Grrrrrrrrrreat!

so.. my goal.. not miss a workout for a month.. think its possible..?

Comments

Josha said…
You did it! Doing the things you have to do daily is easy, but you are *choosing* to exercise daily! What a great and inspiring thing to do!
Sarah said…
Makes sense, Ruth! Working out and eating right is essential to our health (and moods, haha), so it shouldn't be optional. I'm learning that more and more every day.