what to do--well a workout I guess

Well.. here I am again.. wishing my workout was complete but its not. I have worked allll day on my canvas's and they seem to be going so slow.. I am doing "cleanup on the edges" work and it just seems to have taken a lot longer than I planned. good thing is that I am learning from my mistakes and by the time I do the last one it wont take me half the time :) All that to say I am tired. DH has worked pretty much all day and wont be home until late tonight so our free eats day really hasnt been that free. I think I might just take tonight off and veg. I will have to give myself some time to think about it and decided if working out would make me feel better .. or worse.

I will let you know before I go to bed if I decided to or not.

(40 mins later) 7:59pm
OK.. real quick before DH comes home with free day food and a movie to watch!
I did my workout.. and I feel better.
Buttocks: squats and dead lifts
Back: Lat pull downs
Bis: curls
Obliques: twists with the curl bar on my shoulder

I was reminded again tonight that working out isnt always about being in shape physically.
Working out for me is my time away. No questions. No interupts.
Working out for me is my stress relief. Esp when art work isnt going as planned.
Working out for me is my gift to self.. to make my day better!

So.. I am so happy I didnt miss. I just couldnt come back to the blog tonight and tell you ladies that I just didnt feel like it.. YOU were the positive pressure I needed to get in there and get it done!

OH.. I am so happy too because tonight after 2 weeks of having one workout glove or the other.. tonight I found BOTH of them! yipee! they are now safely tucked away from children and puppies so they wont go missing again!

Thanks for your screams from afar saying "OH stop complaining RUTH And get your B*tt in there and workout right NOW!" .. (and dont tell you me you were yelling that .. cause I heard you all saying it!)
:)

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Sarah said…
Um..well....actually I wasn't screaming at you from afar..BECAUSE I MISSED 2 days in a row too. 1 day because it was just CRAZY busy and the next because Trin was sick and it made me overwhelmed (she's very clingy and whiny on those days).

So I'm the one that needs my butt kicked!!! But you----- You go girl!
Josha said…
Glad you could hear the screams...I wonder who they were from? Anyway, you got it done!!