my run PLUS Patty Challenge.

Puppy who love to Run 2.5 miles around campus. PLUS 70 something weather PLUS too many carbs today EQUALS an amazing hard run with to many sprints to count and a hot and sweaty mom!

ABS? yes.. outside on back porch.. on incline bench two sets of 25 reg. and 1 set of 15 twists followed up by the Buffmother dance.

My eats were not good at all today.. which is funny RIGHT after issuing the Patty day challenge. Not THAT bad in light of how I use to eat.. a couple of starburst "fruit" and food coloring chews and a glass of coke.

So.. for tomorrow I will be focusing on my mini challenge instead of other things.. and here are my Challenge answers.

1. The Missionary I am dedicating myself to over the next few weeks is Jessica. Her and her DH arrived in China yesterday. I dont know how much farther a person could get from home. Language, Food, Smells, Traditions.. all different. So..when I wish to have a bite off my plan I will remember her.. and how she is sacrificing many many many things to be in China.

2. I challenge you to think of four areas you want to improve in over the next few weeks. The #4 representing a four leaf clover.
OK.. so here are my FOUR:
1. Consistency in my eats
2. I will drink more water than any other substance everyday. period. end of story..
3. I want my abs to get more toned. I have been slacking a bit in the ABs area so I will focus on being thorough and consistent on abs. Abs need to become my new favorite workout.
4. I will think positively about my body. Esp my scared and drooping tummy skin that is what I have left of my two c-sections (one cut up and one cut sideways) and it seems that the thinner I get the droopier the skin gets. I will look on my tummy as a mother looks at her child, remembering how wonderful my children are and how thankful I am for them. :)

3. I will NOT miss a workout. That YOU can count on. I am Determined on this point.

4. I will be thankful for my family, and my choice to live a healthy lifestyle. I will think of many women I know who seem so exhausted and stressed because of the choices they make and pray that they can see life doesnt have to be that way. I want to be encouraging to others and continually think of ways I can motivate them to get moving and eat better.


OK.. so I think that is it..

I am off to paint again tonight.. after a bath and supper.. which my DH is waiting for me to make.

blessings
and remember..
PROGRESS.

PS>. way to go Josha.. on your new gains you are making! keep on truckin!

Comments

Josha said…
Thanks, Ruth! I really enjoyed reading your post! I'm about to get busy writing out my FOUR challenge points.
Sarah said…
Ruth, I'll write out my 4 points tomorrow, I just didn't get to it today.

But i want to tell you, I have the droopy skin too... in fact, I took a pic of it yesterday because I'd like to compare it hopefully in a few months if I'm still raw and see if the wrinkly saggy stuff is any better. Twin moms call it, Twin Skin. :( I used to have such a smooth belly before kids! Boo hoo. :) Wouldn't trade my kids for the smooth belly back though!