I have survived!

Good morning. I thought I would post before we started with schooling.. I have just a few mins.

I was asleep last night by 830.. if you dont count the few interuptions from the kids and the puppy I was actually in bed for 11.5 hours! Crazy huh!

I really think all my issues were caused by not having sugar! Isnt that just crazy!
heres a list:
Headache
Chills
Hot flashes
Stomach cramps
Exhaustion

I sure felt like I had the flu.. but.

"In the case of sugar, withdrawal symptoms can be about on par with a flu, and last several days - not debilitating, not something you need to be strapped down for, but it still sucks."

"White refined sugar is not a food. It is a chemical. It is an addictive drug. Yes, that’s right, an addictive drug and when you remove it from your diet you can experience withdrawal symptoms as excruciating and serious as alcohol withdrawal, including tremors, FLU like symptoms, headaches, and mood swings ..."

well.. in any case.. I think I am through the tough part. I have REALLY wanted to kick my sugar habit for a long long time.. I am hoping this time is it for me. I told my DH this is the longest I have gone with this small amount of sugar in my body EVER.. of course with the exeption of when I had a stomach virus or something and just didnt eat.

I was sooo happy to wake up this morning feeling good. I still have a slight headache but I think its because somethings in the air.. not the sugar. .. So.. hopefully I am done with the withdrawals.. .. hopefully.

On the workout side of things I didnt do cardio yesterday because I felt so bad.. but I plan on doing the 3 Bs later today :) I might just wait and lift with my DH after church tonight. OH .. by the way.. my DH is looking fantastic! I dont have any idea how much weight he has actually lost but he is starting to look like the guy I dated in college! and he was HOT! :)

ok.. all for now..
more later after I lift.

thanks for your encouragement.. I couldnt do this without yall!

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
so glad you're through the thick of it! You know, honey is not addictive and isn't in the same ballpark as sugar. It's actually good for you. So is grade B maple syrup. Both are allowable on some yeast-free diets which are sugar free like you are wanting. I don't know about vegan..is your hubby going vegan too?? kids?? my hubby might die if I suggested it!!
Ruth said…
no. DH is not going vegan.. but he is not wanting red meat as much at all.. hes turning into a chicken and tuna guy. The kids eat lots of beans, fruit, veggies, and breads.. They dont get near as much sugar as I do cause I dont really allow soft drinks and candy except on weekends.. and limit that.
I have some honey.. might give that a try in somethings in a few days . ..
thanks for your ideas!

isnt it amazing how our bodies ARE what we EAT? man. the sugar withdrawals were shocking to me!