80 degrees and 110 percent!

What a JOYOUS day! 80 degrees and working out in shorts.. at last.. could it be that spring is here? I dont think so yet but this is a great preview of things to come! I just finished the best workout I have had in MONTHS! really! My legs were worked so hard they are like mush. yipee!
I LOVE to sweat! love it love it love it.
Maybe it is because it reminds me of all those long HOT days I spent hours and hours in practice or games in catching gear and sweating like a fountain .. loving every minute of it. I think I love to sweat now because it reminds me I am not as old as my age says I am.. I am youthful and strong enough to enjoy the heat and a hard workout! OH what a wonderful day!
While I was working out we opened both garage doors and I let the kids play in the front yard -driveway while I lifted.. they had a blast and enjoyed using equipment they havent seen in a while:)

here my workout:
squats, deadlifts, a few lunges
lat pulldowns for back
preacher curls for bis.

My eats have been good today. I have been fighting a headache all day but I know its because it is so dry. My workout made me feel so much better.

so.. I have been thinking about posting a new challenge and here it is:

Saint Patrick's Day Challenge.

Why Saint Patrick's Day ?
1. "Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide."
2. Its a few short weeks away.. which is good for a mini challenge
3. On my calender it comes at the end of spring break.. which is a good time to celebrate things we have achieved in our fitness plans.

So here is my challenge to all who are brave enough to take it.

1. I challenge you to dedicate your nutritional part of your fitness routine to a Missionary you know and love. Remembering them in times of weakness and wanting to have the "taste" of the moment and realizing what these missionaries are giving up in order to spread Christ.
2. I challenge you to think of four areas you want to improve in over the next few weeks. The #4 representing a four leaf clover.
3. I challenge you to not missing a single workout.. thats right ladies.. not one workout missed! no way no how! And to view your workouts like a blessing.
4. I challenge you to view your fitness lifestyle as a way to be a shining light in a world of darkness. A world where moms are tired, exhausted by a long work day or sick babies. A world where WE could make a difference in one womans life by the example we set and thus changing a whole family to be healthy.

so.. thats it. Four points of the clover to represent the four points of Challenge.




Whats in it for you? At the end of the challenge .. if you choose to take it.. you will receive a bright shining pot of gold!


Do I have any takers?


I will ponder my four points and post those tonight or tomorrow.

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
hmmm. Well, I could sure use a pot of gold for these four reasons (four representing the four leaf clover, of course.):
1. I've never had a pot of gold
2. I'd get to think of what exactly I would do with a pot of gold
3. It would be nice to share a pot of gold
4. I want a new elyptical machine and a pot of gold just might cover it!
so, OK...I accept your challenge!
Josha said…
Hey, I checked out the buff mother standing abwork video again on this computer where I can hear her, and I noticed that she actually has 4 kids!!! (speaking of FOUR) Where are the stretch marks???
Ruthie said…
welll.. this is just a assumption on my part but I bet they are on the operating room floor. I have never had the courage to ask her.. but I just might one day. :)

glad you excepted. will be fun
Sarah said…
Wow! 4 points! I will try. This is a very inspirational challenge for sure.

BTW, you've never seen stretch marks if you've never seen mine.......