GETERDONE

Yep.. I did it.. just finished.. 9:19pm.. but it was done. heres what I did..

Since I missed a upper-body earlier I decided to just do upper body today and the three Bs friday.. so..

Chests: Bench Press on the smith- three sets of 15 at 65lbs
Shoulders: Press (above the head two arms) three sets of 15 8lbs
Tris: Tri pulldowns on the smith.. three sets of 15 20lbs.

The weights dont sound like much but I did it slow and stedy.. with shorter breaks in between.. My muscles where burning before I finished my second set.

I know Josha has asked about the thinking behind the three sets of 15 with a bit lighter weight.. I asked the DH about it tonight and he said that is what body builders did after they added all the muscle they wanted they would do the three sets of 15 ... said it helps them get "cut".. I guess it uses the muscles differently or something.. duno.. will have to research it. :)

I was going to post a pic but my camera batteries went out.. maybe tomorrow..

DH is wanting a shake so I better get

eats have been good today.. not enough water though

blessings
r

Comments

Sarah said…
Sounds like you had a great day! Way to go!

Maybe one of these days I'll get brave enough to post my pics too. :)
Josha said…
You should check the book sculpting her body perfect out from the library again and re-read the last phase of the program..it talks about this very thing. AND he talks about moving slowly and steadily through the most difficult part of the exercise (for chest press, it would be the beginning of the press) and concentrating on the muscle you are working. I know Shawn Phillips mentions similar ideas in his Absolution book...intensity of the movement. I'm feeling better today, but still no workout for me unless i just do lower body and maybe WALK.