Remembering the Past. Happy with the Present. Focused on the Future!

This is me last December.
And again in July of this year.












































Below you will see me after six months of work. I cannot tell you how surprised I am that I actually didnt quit. I had two missed days. One day was made up for on my free day that week. and the other day was just a miss. Heres a bit of fun trivia:
6 months=26 weeks=183 days.
All the weeks had six workouts except for ONE.. which had 5 workouts.
I have done: approx 40 upper body workouts, 78 cardio days, and approx 37 lower body workouts. .. if I was REALLY good at math I would figure up how many squats. .. but I will just leave it be. :)



What good does looking back do? It reminds me of the person I use to be. It keeps me focused on my goal to stay fit and healthy. And it makes me so very thankful that I have made such great progress towards becoming the person I know I was ment to be. Full of energy, strong, happy, able to leap over kids and puppies in a single bound! :) .. (or pick them up when they are hurt)... Yep.. Thankful.

I have some things going on in my head about the next challenge. I would like to start on Jan first. I KNOW its a holiday.. but I like the fact that it starts on a Monday. The Challenge will end just after Spring Break (march 14ish)... which is just a few weeks before Easter.... Wont it be fun to see what we can do between now and then.. and that that Easter dress is hanging in some store house somewhere with my name on it :) (please note I have NOT bought an Easter dress in probably 16 years.. I think it will be a fun way to reward myself after this 3rd challenge.)... I have some other ideas crawling around up in that brain of mine.. but I will save that for another post.

My workout for today: Lower body-squats, lunges, ballet squats, Deadlifts, leg curls,
Back: Lat pull downs, bent over rows,
Bis: incline Arnold curls, and hammer curls as burnouts.
I really pushed myself my last two lifting sessions.. I was sore today! and I figure the way I was shaking after todays leg workout I will be sore tomorrow too! .. yipee! building that muscle!

So.. heres to remembering the Past... Being Happy with the Present.. and Focusing on the Future!

Comments

Josha said…
Is that the running skirt?? I like it. I also really enjoyed your post! You look just great! I've had fun today wearing some of my way too big pants. I'm looking forward to the CHALLENGE! January 1st sounds good to me. We may have company again that week, so it will be a difficult beginning, but I will just have to focus!
Mom2t said…
OK, so I loved the post....Josha, can't find your blog....don't have my computer and for some reason can't find the link. Please email it to me...b/c of course, I also don't have your guys emails...I don't think.

Anyway, Ruthie, WOW to the progress of time from one year ago. You look SO different, and so healthy!

Enjoying Amarillo, we may even get snow tomorrow....yeah!
Christy said…
You sure look fabulous, Ruth! Your legs look teeny tiny! What a great before and after picture.