Day #2. missed-My lesson

Well.. I am 170 something to 2. I figure six months with only 2 missed isnt too bad. So.. today goes down as a miss.

I am finally feeling much better after a about a week and a half of PMS! YES.. you read it right. PMS and I am NOT talking about Progress Meals and Success here! I am talking about carb craving, sugar addicted, water retaining, tummy bloated, zero energy.. cranky as all get out-bite your tongue.. PMS.
I havent felt that bad in months. I know why too.. I know its all my fault. I did it to myself. So..no fussing or complaining here.. the 10 lbs I have gained over the last three weeks is all my fault. No two ways about it. I know I have been feeling so bad BECAUSE I have NOT been eating correctly.. and I have NOT been pushing myself hard on workouts.

I have become a slacker ladies.. I really have.

SO..




what to do?

heres the list:

1. tomorrow its back on program eats.. no if ands or "butter" about it!
2. tomorrow its back to working out first thing in the morning. no if ands or "I will do it later" about it.
3. tomorrow.. its NO posting unless I worked out.
4. tomorrow I WILL weigh and measure and face reality.. one more time.
5. tomorrow I will do some meal planning and shopping so I can stay on program eats.

so.. thats it.

I told DH tonight that its so frustrating that I can gain weight so quickly. Of course its not hard to do when all you eat is carbs! (as I sit here eating dry cheerios and drinking grape juice..right before bed no less)
I said to my DH.. "its so frustrating to me that i will NEVER be able to eat anything I want! I will NEVER be able to eat how I WANT too.. "
He said "yeah you can.. one day a week!.. "..
I said yeah! but that means i have to have self control 6 days a week! .. that stinks!.. (a bit of a pause).. of course I guess I shouldnt be complaining.. afterall.. self control IS one of the fruits of the Spirit.. huh?" ..
DH.. just smiled this sweet, cute smile at me.. and said.. "yeah"..


So Tomorrow I am also going welcome the Spirit of Self control back into my daily life.

The first step is tonight... by rereading Gal 5.. I like reading different translations on Biblegateway.com.. :

Gal. 5 (NIV)
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Gal 5 (new english translation)
God's Spirit and Our Own Desires

16 If you are guided by the Spirit, you won't obey your selfish desires. 17 The Spirit and your desires are enemies of each other. They are always fighting each other and keeping you from doing what you feel you should. 18 But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control over you.

19 People's desires make them give in to immoral ways, filthy thoughts, and shameful deeds. 20 They worship idols, practice witchcraft, hate others, and are hard to get along with. People become jealous, angry, and selfish. They not only argue and cause trouble, but they are envious.21 They get drunk, carry on at wild parties, and do other evil things as well. I told you before, and I am telling you again: No one who does these things will share in the blessings of God's kingdom.

22God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, 23gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways. 24And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires. 25God's Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit.

And finally.. just a few verses from The Message...

22-23But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

I like how it says above "a willingness to stick with things." thats self-control ..

Heres to not giving up.. to not giving in.. and to knowing I can always move forward no matter how far back I have gone.
I think for me.. Its very important to remember how far I have come.. and how I got that far in the first place... it wasnt ALL my doing.. It was a Spirit led thing.. ..
Ever wonder why we resist being led sometimes?.. For me.. its because I lost focus of WHY I was REALLY living differently.. ..... more on that subject later....)

Thanks for reading this really really long post.. I promise.. short and sweet next time.. ok? ok.

bye bye now!
PnP

Comments