Workout and Edith

Its 930 and I am already finished with my workout.. its going to be a good day :)

heres the breakdown:
chest: bench press 15.12.10.8.6. with burnouts of military style pushups 30!
shoulders: shoulder press 15.12.10.8.6 with burnouts of side raises 20 and these others I cant remember the name of 10
tris: nosebreakers 15.12.10.8.6 with burnouts on smith machine tri pull downs 30

Well I didnt get my ab work done yesterday. I was going to do it today but that would put doing abs two days in a row.. so I decided I just need to be happy with myself and understand that I missed it. I will do abs again on friday after HIITS.

I started reading the Body for Life for Women book by Pamela Peeke. Last night I ran across Edith.. I had seen Edith before but had forgot her story. She is so inspiring I had to post her story! Its amazing how if you want something bad enough it doesnt matter how old, how fragile, or how far away from that goal you might be. If you want it bad enough you can achieve it... Edith is all the proof I need today. WOW!



"After a stroke and a broken hip at the age of 90, Edith Odoms had trouble getting around and found it difficult to do simple tasks like opening her front door or climbing up stairs. Her sister and daughter were becoming increasingly concerned about her well-being and decided to help her to regain her health.

In 1999, they told her about the Challenge and she decided to go for it. During her first 12 weeks, Edith made amazing progress. She didn’t stop there. Edith has continued to improve her physical fitness and become more healthy and active. Five years later, Edith still goes to the gym five days a week to work out with weights, walk or go to her martial arts class.

"I’m 95 years old and there are a lot of things I have learned about taking care of my body," Edith says. "I watch where I step, never give up, and condition my mind and body with positive thought, exercise and nutrition." Edith is an inspiration to many.

"I enjoy living, and have a lot of friends," Edith says. "My mission is to help others keep going; and if I was just sitting in a rocking chair I wouldn’t last very long. My goal is to reach 100. When I get there, I’ll set a new goal."

see more inspiring people at:
http://www.bodyforlife.com/success/BeforeAfterAfters.asp?cmsId=1026

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
Helen Keller

Comments

Josha said…
ABS!!!??? I totally forgot abs yesterday!! Oh well. Tomorrow, tomorrow!

There is a lady here who inspires me like Edith. She is 70 and is at the ski hill every weekend in the winter. I want to be like that!
Mom2t said…
Edith...you make me proud!!!

I do abs and my first aerobic workout back tomorrow....over TG you are going to have to educate me on HITTS. I can't find the time to read anything additional these days! I figure you can just break it down for me then.