not as good as I once was.


Well.. I did cardio this morning and I just had to take it easy. I am not having issues with shin splints. They have been bothering me ever since my hard run around campus on Thanksgiving.. so today I walked most of my "run".. with 0 hiits ;(

I did 1.22 miles and tried to run three times but it was hurting too bad so I decided to take it easy and stretch a lot.
After I got off the treadmill I did jump rope for a few minutes just to try and get my heart rate up.. that did the job!

I did ab work also.. 15 incline situps followed right away by 15 incline twists.. I did 4 sets of those
I then did hip-ups.. 4 sets of 24.

I am a bit disappointed in not being able to run but I know if I treat it correctly that I will working my way back to that level 10 in no time. Trying to remember that the HABIT of exercise is the important thing here ;)

I am off to get my first meal of the day.. and anxiously awaiting more posts from my bfl friends :)

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
I am so impressed by your determination. Even when it falters, you have stuck with this and inspired me to keep going! I am excited about this Christmas challenge, but at the same time, very busy...it's easy for me to get caught up in the busy-ness of life and think "I don't have time to work out." WRONG! I will make time to work out! I have a Son-Rise teacher coming tomorrow for an in-home workshop for Kaegan's program, and I have sooooo much to do! Included in that list of to-do's is cardio and abwork! As far as fat loss...I wonder if you need more calories these days for your body to let go of some fat. You've built up quite a lot of muscle, and maybe your bod is hanging onto fat to feed those muscles. Hmmm. Just a thought.