The "I dont want to exercise" blues

UGH.. today and yesterday I have had the "I dont want to excersise" blues. I knew I should have ran yesterday but I wanted to wait until today. NOW its cold, cloudy, and the day just has that "sit on my bottom all day" kinda day. Its so interesting to me that I still struggle with getting up and getting my excersise in. I would have thought that after sooooo many days it would be easy. But its NOT. I guess it never will be.
Life just gets so busy, the house gets so messy, and everything needs to be done. Everything else is demanding my attetion.. and it seems like I just want to sit and ignore it! Sitting and ignoring it gets nothing done. The funny thing is.. the longer I go "dreading" my run.. the more stressed out I am becoming.

I have a list of "I wants" going through my head...
(do you ever do this?).. these are things I want to be doing instead of what I need to be doing OR things I wish would just magically get done:

I want to sit at my new drawing table/art area and work on artwork (from now until 2 am would be great!).
I want to sit and watch TV.
I want to take a nap.
I want to have the laundry all clean, folded and put away.
I want the last three boxes I need to go through to be empty.
I want to call my DSnL and talk for 2 hours.
I want to go take a hot bath .. so I will be warm from head to toe.
I want to drink some more sweet tea and eat a bag of popcorn.
I want ....

well.. those are all the wants for now.. I know there are more.. but for now.. that will have to do.

You know I started this post today to talk myself into getting up and getting my run finished.. funny thing.. it worked.

I still dont WANT to do it.. but I am going to make myself. I will feel better if I do.

So.. here I go.. off to get my exercise in inspite of all the "I wants"

I will post when I am done.. how I did.


UPDATE!
Well. I wonder if any more of my "wants" will come true? As I was typing DSnL called! wow..it was nice to at least get ONE want on my list! .. I dedicate my workout tonight to A! .. I told you on the phone I was gona do it.. and that made me! Plus you saying "now.. are you going to let day 147 be the day you MISS a workout?" .. answer.. NO :) (thanks for the kick I needed to get in there!)

It is now 6:36pm.. I am happy to say I JUST finished my workout!
I did HIIT cardio 1.64 miles
one warmup "hiit" at 7.4 and then SIX HIITs at 10!~.. Now I remembered when I was running that this week was "just ONE more" ... so.. I did my planned FIVE and then said.. OK>> now just ONE more for Josha! .. (thanks J.. now i am completely exhausted!)
ABS: I did 151 incline twists (notice the "just one more?" and then I did 51 hip raises (again.. The ONE more is for Josha!)


I must say at this point.. exercise is a MUST for me now.. I am completely de-stressed and getting more and more energy as I sit here and type! Exercise for me is now much more than getting up and getting moving.. Its about stress relief, feeling good about myself, not letting myself down, reaching my goal, and hopefully inspiring a few others along the way. Its not always easy. But I am not ready to give up the body I have worked so hard for. I would like to keep it for a while thank you very much.. and I know in order to do that .. working out is a MUST!

Yet again.. Blogging got me through my "i dont want to exercise blues!" Yipee!

Comments