Yep I did it.

Yep.. I did it.. I got cardio done.. a bit late.. but done nonetheless :)

Well.. I just dont know what my problem is these days with getting up but today i didnt get out of bed until 8! .. I was up late with youngest who cried and cried cause he couldnt find the "Eagle" book he wanted to look at.. it was a great opportunity to let my 5 year old understand we arent going to cry over such things that we are way to blessed to cry over a book that is in the car and we cant go get. (i really think he was more tired than anything.. AND i really think he WAS asleep but his big brother woke him up telling him he was going to go give daddy a hug goodnight.).. ANYWAY.. so I was not asleep until 1230 and then up every two hours needing to go potty.. and once i woke up starving! ... I am beginning to wonder if I will EVER sleep longer than 3 hours in a row for more than one night a week? .. Maybe its just not in me to be a morning person.. maybe my clock is just different.. after nine years of constant sleep interuptions (because being a dorm mother AND have three kids so close together).. maybe its just not ever going to happen.. I am I make to much of a big deal out of this? hum..

OK. so heres the workout..
19 mins on the treadmill (4 of those were warm up).. I did only 1.14 miles on the treadmill.. my right leg, shin area were really hurting this morning.. so I stretched and stretched walked and jogged a few times... .. then decided i was NOT going to give up.. so I got on the recumbant bike and did a mile most of which was spent at 13 miles per hour.. going up to 15.5 miles per hour on my high point. My heart was pumping and my legs were tired when I was done.. so I guess i did ok.

I decided will wait to day 30 on C2 to take my pics.. that will be Tues Oct 10th..... SO .. some short term goals for me between now and then:


Can you imagine walking for 3 hours to get a glass of drinking water?

"Probably not. For most of us, the supply of water seems to be endless � we simply turn on the faucet any time of the day, any day of the year. But today, over 1 billion people do not have access to clean drinking water � that�s one in every six people. Each year, millions of children die unnecessarily due to a lack of clean water."
http://www.concernusa.org/globalproject/StudentActivities/item.asp?aid=118

WATER WATER WATER: I will drink enough water a day.. and ONLY water.. In the last week or so I started drinking tea again with SUGAR.. so I am quitting that today.. its water only for ME. I will also remember how BLESSED I am ... I will not complain that "I am craving a glass of tea or coke." how can i after looking at the picture above! Very Blessed arent we?
------------------------------------

I will focus on watching my portion sizes.. I think I have slipped a bit in this area. Portion size esp when it comes to carbs is hard for me.. so.. I will focus on this area.

(can you BELIEVE that hamburger!.. ugh)..

heres the link: http://www.bobs-bbq.com/

-------------------------------------

If I just do these two things I think I will feel better, have more energy, and start making progress again. I think I have the workout part down.. I need to focus on feeding my body correctly.

heres some quotes:

A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Jim Rohn:
You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.

Epictetus:
God has entrusted me with myself.

Comments

Josha said…
great goals, great quotes! Remember that goals are to shoot for...that doesn't mean you always hit them.
I am not a morning person either. That is not to say that it would be impossible for me to do the early thing, but I don't choose to. It is a choice, and a valid one...just as valid as someone else's choice to get up at dawn. 7:30 is early enough for me! We all have our reasons for what we do and just have to figure out what works best for what we want, and not be swayed just because someone else says their choice is better. It's better for them, not necessarily for me. For example, I personally, am never finished with homeschool whatever the time of day, so getting up early to get finished early makes no sense to me. Life is learning and we are never done. Also, I don't want to teach an already perseverative child to perseverate on a set schedule that cannot be changed. So, see we all have our personal reasons. Maybe you can assess your reasons for wanting to be a morning gal, and not get discouraged with yourself when you don't get up early. Figure out what works best for your personal circumstances.
Ruth said…
oh thanks josha.. guilt being lifted as we speak :)

I guess I always had in my mind that if I get up later (730ish) that i am being lazy.. but I guess if I stay up later, get everything done that needs doing.. i shouldnt worry so much.. i am not lazy..
I agree on the homeschool thing.. our schedule is not as strict as some.. it seems most around here... but thats ok..
sometimes i think that i would be better suited in a different environment.. less scheduled.. where people dont worry with what time it is all the time.. (like in africa)..
thanks for the encouragement.. your an inspriation!
Mom2t said…
Way to say it Josha. On that note, I noticed for the last year I have been 'sleeping in' because that is what alot of friends do. They put their kids to bed late so they can all sleep late. Then I realized....I AM A MORNING PERSON. By 6:30-7 p.m., I am tired and do want to know that I have three or more hours left to 'momma'. But, 6:30 a.m. and I am ready to go. Just do what works for YOU!

The only thing I will say is, pick a time and try to be consistant in what time you do wake up. Then also try to be consistant in what time you go to bed. This really does help with sleep issues.....lots of studies on it. I have to say too that it works well for me too.
Josha said…
YES...Angell, you are right! I have a set time to wake up, but it is MY time. Not a time that I've been pressured into. My kids actually go to bed no later than 9 and then sleep until 8. They really thrive with more sleep. (Kaegan is an exception....he has sleep problems and often sleeps later because he was up in the night)