Victory/survey/workout log

Nike- not just a shoe!

This is a ancient sculpture of Nike, the greek goddess of victory. I thought if this when I was thinking of the body for life program today. For some reason it struck me, I am victorious. With my love of art, this sculpture came to mind. This sculpture is so powerful, so strong, so sure. Some days I feel victorious, some days I do not. So.. heres to the victory which we all share with each day that passes and we come closer and closer to our goals!

I did upper body yesterday afternoon, I had a great workout and I think I am slowly getting use to workout out at 4, although I started a bit late yesterday I got it done. I was happy with the lifting and reached some new high points.

This morning I ran up at campus. It was a beautiful morning, there were lots of older people out so it was great to receive, and give all those smiles as we all went around campus. I had problems with my right leg again. Shin. so.. I took it easy and just ran 1.5 and walked the last .5 miles. I think I need to rest the leg so I might do the bike next time its time for cardio, or go swim.

OK.. so heres the survey that "Kate" :) suggested I thought it was a GREAT idea..

childhood ambition: well this is hard, first i wanted to be an artist, then a vet, then a concert clarinetist.

fondest memory: going with my family to the cabin in Brodus Tx and fishing at the lake.

soundtrack: Forest Gump

retreat: hot bath with no kids coming to the door to ask questions :)

wildest dream: Joel and I on a white sand beach with total and complete privacy. :)

proudest moment: I am proud of a lot of things but there isn't one moment that just sticks out.

biggest challenge: keeping the house clean

alarm clock: good if you need it.

perfect day: my wedding.

first job: working for my dad painting, remodeling, etc.

indulgence: If I could have anything.. it would be fried cheese from Gardsky's Loft. We dont have one of those here anymore.. so I guess blue bell with candy in it will have to do.

last purchase: bacon, aunt jemima pancake mix, eggs, etc for breakfast this morning. (FREE DAY:)

favorite movie: Marvel sci fi (x-men, spider-man, electra, etc..).. my favorite tv show is Smallville.. does that count?

inspiration: my before picture. the DH and the kids.

my life: Blessed.

Comments

Christy said…
And what you doing there on that beach with your dh, Ruthie? Hmmmmm? :-)

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading your responses. And thank you for keeping going. You really do inspire me to keep trying. Your positive energy is amazing.

Love,
Christy
Ruthie said…
:) OH.... did I actually type that? ooopps.. :)

and You keep me going! pretty cool how it works huh.. I am so happy you started a blog.. its so exciting! and inspiring!
Josha said…
Just do it! I never knew about Nike the goddess of whatever you said. I guess I still don't know it,huh? :)

Loved your post and the survey is a fun idea! How was your workout today!!???