The run/ Fat vs Muscle

Oh what a beautiful run I had this morning.. I dont mean I ran pretty.. I mean the weather, sunrise, and critters I saw along the way were. I didnt leave the house until 740 so I was is a big hurry to try and get back by 8 so DH could leave for work. The traffic was quite busy, as I jogged toward the sunrise. The traffic was bussing all around, so many people in such a hurry, people rushing everywhere. I took a long deep breath and thought about how blessed I am. I am so thankful I am not in the middle of all that hussle and bussle, that that traffic!

My run was ok.. I did have to walk two times and had to stop once for a few minutes to let cars turn into the school.. but I got the run in about 18 mins anyway. Running outside is SO much better than the treadmill!

now for a reason to stay off your scale!

"Muscle density is 1.06 g/ml and fat density is (about) 0.9
g/ml. Thus, one liter of muscle would weight 1.06 kg and one liter of
fat would weight 0.9 kg. In other words, muscle is about 18% denses
than fat.

"A corollary to this is that you may gain weight due to lifting
weights, even while loosing fat weight. This is one of the greatest
exercise myths. The myth is based in fact: muscle is more dense and
weighs more than fat."
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=576481

OK.. did you read the caption under the picture? ONE MILE! wow! now if I had 10lbs of fat that would be 10 more miles of blood vessles.. thats is that much more work on the heart etc.. wow! no wonder I was so sluggish when I was not as fit as I am now!


well thats it for today.. I am off to get breakfast going and then school.. my parents are supose to be coming to town today.. so lots to do..

hope you had a great run too!

blessings
r

Comments

Josha said…
yay for the muscle we are building! (and the fat we are losing!)
Mom2t said…
Still waiting for that 'fat' losing part, but this was a real encouragement....THAT is why my weight keeps going up, up, up....but I must say, I do feel a difference in my clothes.