Mondays workout


Well.. woke up to a nice calm rain this morning.. it was so relaxing and just beautiful outside. I fixed breakfast for the fam.. (except for cat who made her own oatmeal) and check my email and then got out to the garage after DH left for work.

Today is upper body for me:
Chest Flies with press as burn outs, Back flies with bent over row as burnout, Shoulder press then flies, Laying tri extensions then pull downs on Smith, Hammer curls and reg curl for burn out. Felt good I tried hard to push myself .. by the end I was hot and sweaty!

OK.. so now for a little motivation :)"Just after her 21st birthday, Brielle Gazzara went to the hospital with kidney transplant probelms. She went home 3 months later weighing 68 pounds, hooked up to a 24 hour nutritional I.V., and back on dialysis. That was five years ago. Today she can leg press 400 pounds at the gym."

You WILL be inspired by her story! I sure was! Dont miss the questions she answers at the bottom of the story.. Including her favorite scripture :)
http://www.midwestchristianbodybuilding.com/briellegazzara.htm


=======================

check out these shirts.. I think they are GREAT.. heres the site:
http://www.aniballopez.com/site/t-shirts_photos/index.php
you might have to go a few pages into his "shop" before you get to the tshirt page..

===========================
I am not really looking forward to tomorrows HIIT training.. BUT I am looking forward to the progress it will help me make. :)

Thoughts I will focus on today:
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (The Need for Self-Discipline)
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Psalm 19:14
14 Lord, may the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart
be pleasing in your eyes.
You are my Rock and my Redeemer

Comments

Josha said…
Your workout sounds great! You have definitely gotten back into this with excitement again! I'm so glad for you! I love how when you felt like stopping, you just kept going and looking for your next motivation! I ordered the absolution book (you haven't steared me wrong yet!) used for 7 bucks from amazon. I'm so excited to get it! Does it give details about HIIT?
Ruthie said…
yes it gives details about HIIT.. basically its just wind sprints.. to kick you butt! I remember mark and mindy doing those in the front of their house pulling a "sled" that mark made.. are they still doing that?..
of course this HIIT is just running ..
you wont regret getting the book.. def worth 7 bucks!:)
Josha said…
They aren't still pulling the sled. They are working out sort of off and on. I love how they don't consider it off and on...they are working out daily, and every so often, they have to start over. Isn't that a better way to put it than "off and on?" so, how many Hiits do ya take? Do ya go for 20 minutes worth? How does it work, please!! I can't sit around waiting for the book....
Ruthie said…
20 mins.. thats it.. I sent you an email explaining.. if anyone else is interested I can post it later..

happy cardio tomorrow!