Mirror Mirror

OK.. so this morning I got up and was getting ready to workout.. .. of course I had to pose down in front of the mirror to see if there were any new muscles showing.. (I like seeing those shoulder muscles).. ANYWAY.. I almost fell on the floor when I actually saw what everyone said they saw in my progress photos.. there in the mirror was a FOUR pack! I stood in shock and said "HONEY>. do you see that? (of course i thought it was my imagination).. but he said "Yes!" .. Ladies I cant believe it! I tell you.. this body sure doesnt seem like its really is mine! I was so excitted that I just kept flexing those abs to see if it really was real.. so much so I got another good ab workout out of it :) Now mind you.. this 4 pack was on my upper abs.. way above the baby belly zone.. so this might be as good as it gets for me in this area.. but I will take it!
I have always dreamed of having a "washboard stomach" but I always in the back of my head realized that this kind of washboard was as close as I would ever get.. (now you know why I am always behind on my laundry :) hehe) I can not say enough that Body for Life WORKS.. you have to follow it to a T AND you HAVE to stick with it! I knew I would make progress.. I knew it would work.. (its always had before.. and of course I prayed about it :) but I am now farther in the program than I ever have been and it keeps working! Remember those times a few weeks ago when I wanted to miss a workout.. but you guys were my inspiration to keep going! thanks for that!

So here was todays workout:
Chest press on the smith machine 15,12,10,8,6 and burn-outs with flies 3 sets of 10
Shoulder flies (straight arm).. 15,12,10,8,6 and burnouts free weights 3 sets of 10
Triceps pulldowns on smith machine 15,12,10,8,6 and burnouts free weights 3 sets of 10

I started today to transition to Shaun Phillips Absolution workout.. its basically the same as BFL but broken down differently.. when I do legs next I will do squats, extensions ect.. but add back and bis.. I think this way I will be able to lift in a way to really fatigue the bis and tris..

Yesterday I forgot to post about abs.. I did those after I did my HIIT but only after Josha reminded me :) (thanks Josha:) .. anyway.. I did 120 incline twists and then 50 hip ups. I was beat when I was done.

Last night we had family over for the football game.. Pizza, cokes, cookies and carrot cake was on the menu.. but NOT for me! I made my meal at 6 and then had a banana puddin shake at 9! .. I was really happy I didnt give in to temptation I kept thinking.. "nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels!"..

I will start my free day this evening.. or I might just wait until tomorrow morning...

If i can do this you can to! Its all about consistency and determination (a few inspirational friends dont hurt any either!)

THANKS HOT MOMS! You guys ROCK!

"The true measure of success is revealed only by looking at the obstacles that an individual had to overcome to achieve their goals."
-- Bill Phillips

PS.. I WILL being doing HIIT in the morning.. BEFORE my garage sale! (it starts at 7)

Comments

Josha said…
Watch out! I'm feelin' poetic again! Hurray for you, Ruth! I'll be HIIT-in' it with ya, but a bit later! Free day tomorrow for me too. YIPPEEEE!
Mom2t said…
So proud of you Ruthie! WTG. It is hard to be good when everyone else is bad...you are being very triumphant though! WTG!