HIIT Kicked my Butt!


"In research, HIIT has been shown to burn adipose tissue more effectively than low-intensity exercise—up to 50% more efficiently!3 In other words, HIIT speeds up your metabolism and keeps it revved up for some time after your workout. The bottom line is HIIT training burns a greater number of total calories than low-intensity training, and more calories burned equals more fat lost. What I'm suggesting is you forget about the "calories burned" readout on the stairstepper or Lifecycle; if you practice HIIT training, the majority of calories burned will come after your workout."


Well I headed out the door at 8 this morning to go run my HIIT around campus. I decided I really miss being outside for my runs so I would give running HIIT outside. Well.. the thing about HIIT training is that it is work. I walked to the corner of campus then jogged about half a mile.. then started running the sprints. I think people thought I was crazy cause I would "blaze" by them and then have to stop and walk. Then I would do it again.. and again.. I got all but about 500 yards complete and decided to try and do a few more sprints on the intramural field. I was thinking I should try and do about 6 sprints of 20 yards.. I could only do 2! I was so tired I walked most of the way home.

Now as soon as I walk in the door from a run I am ALWAYS asked.. "hey .. how was your run?".. I usually say .. "OH.. it was GREAT!.. I feel GREAT!" .. not this time... I said "UGH>>> grunted at them and went for the water".. I came back in the room and explained I ran so hard I was nauseated. I really thought I was going to throw up on the way home. Of course my husband said "GOOD!" .. I said "well.. it sure isnt as much fun as a nice relaxing jog around campus".. He said.. "Are you doing this to relax or get in really good shape?".. (nuff said)..

I am so sore from yesterdays workout that I cant sit for too long.. so I guess I did pretty good in there...

And on a more exciting note.. !
I am gong to go this evening or tomorrow and see if I can find some cheap jeans that fit. The size SIX I bought about three weeks ago are all saggy in the bottom and thighs.. and I have to keep pulling them up. I am going to start off with trying to find a tighter size six.. but who knows.. I might just have to look at the FOUR rack.. (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!! BFL ROCKS if you give it the time!.. I just am amazed at what my body is turning in to.. who knows where I will be at christmas!)...

Comments

Mom2t said…
blah, blah, blah...i'm a size four, blah, blah, blah....does it matter what else you said? WTG Ruthie!!! I am so proud of you! You are working so hard and totally reeping the benefits! Who knows how great you will look in the coming months! You are unstoppable.

Thinking tha twe may have to try some HITS when I am there for TG. SHould be fun to get to workout together.

Missing you, ms. teiny-tiny!
Ruthie said…
Yeah.. well .. who knows if itll be a four.. I am maybe thinking..maybe these 6s are some kind of "fabric loosening technology" or something.. I dont know..
It is crazy to think I am getting close to being in the best shape i have ever been in.. and i am 38 years old! I am close to being in better shape than when I played softball... when I was 16 years old! .. now thats just craziness!

yeah.. we will have to do some HIITs when you are here! we are use to seeing each other get nauseated on thanksgiving :) ..just not because we workout out to hard! :)

I dont feel teiny tiny! thats whats so cool.. I feel strong!!! :) ok.. my wrists and neck are tiny. i will give you that :)
Christy said…
Okay, I don't know whether to give you a high five or throw up. I'm with Angell: yada, yada, yada...size four...yada, yada, yada. SIZE FOUR??!!! Are you KIDDING me?????? :-)

Seriously, that's really, really terrific. You should be very proud of your hard work.

Now, as for Thanksgiving, you guys can do your workouts together because I don't think I'm hanging out with both of you skinny minnies!!! :-P
Josha said…
fabric loosening technology, my foot!
Yay Ruth! I'm feeling another "ode" coming on...