Upper body wimpout

Yeah.. I almost wimped out.. I did.. almost

Last night I was up late with Jo who had a tummy ache.. I laid in bed with him while he cried himself to sleep.. I didnt get to bed until 1.. my plan was to get up and get the workout done before 730.. which is the usual wakeup time for the kids.. of course.. that didnt happen..

SO.. its 1123am and I just finished my upper body workout..
I did push myself and tried to focus on doing slow movements.. I did chest and back by myself.. then after the kids had finished thier morning chores they came and played in the driveway while I finished.. Cat practiced her Mult. tables while jumping rope (she wrote them on the driveway with sidewalk chalk) and then Jo spelled words (with sidewalk chalk) that I gave him while I was doing tris and bis.. Its a beautiful day here and was nice for the kids to be outside.. I think we will do some schoolwork on the trampoline today :)

I have been thinking and rethinking the whole .. do a marathon or other significant event when I turn 40.. and really .. I dont want to do a marathon cause I dont want to loose all this muscle that I have put on and it would be hard to not burn some of it when running THAT far.. doing a triathalon will be expensive ... for equipment.. and both are time consuming.. so.. (and it was reinforced after talking to my hubby and A).. I think I will just focus on being increadably fit and the month of my birthday do a 5k.. but focus on a really really fast time.. I also think it would be good to start running with Cat.. she is interested and we will start next month after we get her some running shoes.. I figure the kids need to be the focus right now and as long as I am healthy thats what really matters.. maybe I will run a marathon when I am 58-60ish! by then the kids will be 29, 27, and 25 ish.. OH.. thats a wierd thought!

so.. anyone up for doing a 5k when i turn40? :)


Elizabeth Arden:
I'm not interested in age. People who tell me their age are silly. You're as old as you feel. (R says: i feel 20 today)

Harriet Beecher Stowe:
So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why don't somebody wake up to the beauty of old women?

Norman Vincent Peale:
Live your life and forget your age.

Frank Lloyd Wright:
I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. (R askes.. "what do you want to see happen?".. that will be another post for me)

John Quincy Adams:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
(R asks: "how many obstacles have you made disappear in the last two to three weeks? )

blessings!
r

Comments