Saturdays cardio

welll... I FINALLY made it outside for a run.. left about 830 this morning.. just did 2 miles and headed home. The wind was a bit breezy but it was cool and beautiful. I did have to walk twice but only for a few paces. I really tried to push myself, but after not running outside for a week.. it was tough. Good news is that my foot was fine! .. I tried to stay on the grass to get extra cushioning for my feet but it was hard to run cause it was uneven. I might just have to start running in our neighborhood, on the asphalt road, as it is better for your feet.

Tonight we go to the university foot ball game.. we are all looking forward to that. Hope its as much fun as last time.

OK.. girls.. tomorrow.. I turn 38, I am telling you this cause that gives ME and YOU.. if you choose to execpt the mission.. 2 years to get ready for my 40 year old birthday super sporting event. So far .. I am leaning towards a Triathaon.. I say that just because Idont know if my feet could handly 28 miles of a marathon. .. so.. heres that I have been thinking of to start getting ready:

1. sell my expensive bike and buy a racing bike. (of course I would have to save up the funds for this.. but if I could get three hundred for my bike .. that would help alot.)
2. between now and christmas I need to really focus on getting to the pool a few times a week.. after Christmas.. maybe talk to my neighbor who teaches swimming and see if he could coach me.. for a few helpful pointers. (I am not as great of a swimmer as you Angell.)
3. Try to slowly.. very slowly ... increase my mileage on my runs..
4. Try and find someone who has done a triathalon and see if I could (a.) get pointers, (b.) get inspired and (c.) train with them?

.. so thats if for now..

FYI.. I put on my size six jeans to get ready for the game and they are really getting loose. I cant believe but fours may be in my future!(gulp... gulp) (BODY for LIFE WORKS!!!!really really works!)

Comments

Josha said…
There is a spring marathon here every year. It's called the Solstace Run. It's 50 miles over passes and through trails. It's a favorite because of weather and scenery, but really tough. Your idea of a triathalon sounds like a good one for your little poor footy. I know! You could push me in a buggy, pump me on your bike, and pull me in a raft as you swim like that amazing dad. Then, I could say I had been in a triathalon! OK, well, it wouldn't be as inspirational, I guess.

Size WHAT??????????????????!!!!!!!!!