Day 74 {10daystogo} The run, Six, and Shakes

OK.. big news here.. I have an anouncement :) I am officially able to wear my size 6 jeans again! Its been three years since those things have even made it past my hips! I was so excited yesterday... I just want to scream to everyon "BODY FOR LIFE WORKS.. IT REALLY WORKS!"
my 7 year old took a quick picture last night (he loves taking pictures... and just had to share my joy with you!)


I went running this AM. although I didnt crawl into bed until 12am.. I still got up at 618 (without the alarm I might add). I was on the pavement at 636. I did 2.5 miles with a few breathers (walking about 10paces). After the run I decided to jog over to the stadium and do some bleachers. (did 5 passes).. then I ran home. It was a beautiful morning and I am becoming a firm believer that Early morning runs are the BEST!


I made a shake this morning (Peach)..I never thought I would CRAVE shakes but I DO.. Its become like ice cream use to be to me :)

I added a new song to the running Ipod list.. Its "Die anther Day" the theme song to "James bond die another day" It is sung by Madona (who i really cant stand as far as her life choices etc).. but the song has a great beat and I like to think of the line "die another day" as "quit another day" I also like these lines:

Im gonna break the cycle (I am gona change my habits)
Im gonna shake up the system


Im gonna avoid the cliche (I am not going to be the typical Mom of Three!)
Im gonna suspend my senses (I dont care how great those brownies smell I am not going to eat them!)
Im gonna delay my pleasure (It doesnt matter that I would have been more comfortable in bed this morning, or walking instead of running.. I can do that later!)

So..
Heres to progress! (it pays to keep going!)
Blessings
R

Comments

Josha said…
I like that you're gonna SHAKE up the system...underneath a picture of a... shake....