Day 50 (34 days to go)

Fifty days down 34 to go..

This morning was upper body.. I had a great workout.. I am starting to really enjoy upper body workouts more now than I did. It use to see like such work.. but now, after 50days.. I am starting to see the little changes in my arms and of course feeling stronger and stronger.. I am noticing it is taking me about 1 hour to get the workout complete instead of 45 mins.. (usually cause I get caught up reading the closed caption on Good Morning America and zone out for a minute or two :)

This past weekend we went to 6 flags and had a great time.. We also went to Lukes Locker... I must post a commercial for lukes locker and will create a link on my side links because I had such a wonderful experience there! ..
....
Long story short.. The lady who helped us was a multi-time marathon and triathalon athelete.. She was so knowledgeable I felt in awe of her knowledge of running shoes.. how they are built, different company's histories, where and how they are manufactured, not to mention her knowledge of feet.. how she can look at my feet and tell that I neither over or under pronate is an amazing feat in and of itself. ... Anyway.. she got me in a shoe that was a whole size larger than i usually wear.. a size 9.5 ,,, after wearing it around the store and testing it against other shoes I left with a shoe that has changed my life...
a little strong language there ruth.. do you say..
well, I am serious... It has been 10 to 15 years if not longer that I have been able to wear the same shoe (be it a running shoe or other) for longer than a few hours without my feet hurting... These shoes she fitted me to.. I wore them ALLL day at 6 flags.. I am talking a good 6 hours or more of most constant walking or standing in line.. at the end of the day I had tired feet .. but they did not hurt....

The REASON?

She said most people wear the wrong size shoe.. If you are a runner.. doing shorter distances.. you need a shoe a size larger than what you measure.... If you are a marathoner you need a shoe two times larger... the reason is your feet swell!... the more pounding the more swelling! .. So.. in amazement I am loving my new shoes and the new lease on running they have given me... and to think all this time.. my feet were hurting so bad cause they were the wrong size! (sure wish that doctor I paid 500.00 plus for my orthodics would have told me that! (oh well)


well.. I am off to get the BFL parm. chicken in the oven so I can feed the family..

blessings..
R

Comments