Day thirty-eight: Self imposed limitation

"I believe what you perceive as your best effort is a self-imposed limitation. I believe you are capable of much more than you realize" ___Bill Phillips (body for life)

Ok.. so most of my life as a child/teen was filled with sports, softball mostly, and music (band, clarinet).. both of those areas I excelled in.. I reached some amazing goals that I thought were not possible... I often ask myself why.. what was so special about me? Well.. I realize now that it wasnt ME.. ( I mean it was me but not all me).. I had coaches, men who loved the sport, or the music, and taught me how to improve. These coaches pushed me when I thought was good enough.. sometimes thinking I was the best I could be.. they would push me to be even better... and to my surprise.. I reached higher and higher goals. ..I also had my own little built in cheering section.. in the form of Mom and Dad and my siblings.. who always said positive things when it came to those two areas I chose to participate in...

Ok.. all well and good.. but what does that have to do with this blog? with today?

Well..through those people.. I learned that I could go much farther and be much better than I thought.. I had put self-imposed limitations on myself. It took a coach to say "OH>. no.. no way.. you can do better than that!" .... Or for them to say " Thats all you got? you are not leaving this field until you get it right three time staight.. ".. /// So.. here is the problem.. After almost 20 years of not having a coach (I stopped playing ball and clarinet around 18).. I have finally figured out why I have such a issue with completing this program..... I have to be my own coach.. and with the exception of a few people in my life.. my own cheering section too.. ! (oh great!)..

Some things that help keep me on track are:
staying focused on not missing a workout.. and NOT cheating my body with bad food.. (I dont want to mess up all that hard work I did in the garage with eating low nutrient foods.. )
I try and stay motivated by listening to the body for life on cd... (this is where I got the quote about self limitations.. really spoke to me today for some reason)...
I try and not worry .. and let others comments just role of me.. I have goals.. we all do.. but mine dont include the chips and hot sauce, the coke or the cake and ice creams theirs do :) thats fine!... they can eat theirs now I will have mine on my free day!
and I Try to blog everyday.. keeping track.. and actually typing the day .. that keeps me going.. (cant wait to type the words.. Day 84... program completed!")..

So.. heres to today.. to not limiting myself ...

----------
todays workout..
Lower body...
leg extensions, leg curls, burn outs with lunges.. (yes.. the "i fell like I just got butt implant" lunges)
also did ab work..

Food wise went well today.. one day soon i will post some recipes/shakes I LOVE!
----------
Peace and Progress.....

Comments