Day 11 Cardio

The run this morning was ok.. I didnt feel like I had much energy.. I woke up or got woken up every 1.5 to 2 hours last night so didnt get much sleep..
its become a habit now to just get up and put on my workout clothes.. funny.

I ran 1.5 miles on the mill and then biked a mile or so to cool down.. I REALLY wanted to quit with 7 mins to go on the mill but I thought of julie whitt and it made me keep going..

This link is from Julies body for life tracker webpage.. a journal she
kept while completing her challenges...(Julie is the first bfl champion to pass away)

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/searchprofile.cfm?id=10815
"I've been living the Body-For-LIFE/Eating-For-LIFE way of life for
two years. At age 19, I had lymphoma and the treatments nearly
destroyed my lungs. I developed interstitial lung disease, a permanent
condition. Through the years I've been plagued with serious lung
infections, the last one culminating in pneumonia. I was on
life-support and in a coma for weeks and it took months to
rehabilitate. I have 25% of the lung capacity that I need, or in other
words, half of a lung! BFL was my pathway out of the destruction. Last
year I was alive, but this year I'm living! When I began my first
challenge, I was in such bad shape, I had to wear oxygen to do the
least little thing. The first challenge changed my life forever and in
12 weeks I only needed supplemental oxygen with intense exercise. By
my second challenge, I was doing well and my feeding tube was removed.
Unfortunately, I stayed sick with bronchitis throughout the challenge.
I even got thrown in the ICU for a day, but I made that free day, and
never missed a workout until...."

the link below is the site they set up to get funds to help julie get
the transplant.. it has photos and her story
http://www.helpjuliewhitt.com/

julies video:
http://www.bflbuddies.com


My moto for this last two weeks for working out has been "dont waste you time" .. if I am going to workout I am going to work out hard.. If I am going to spend 20 min on the tread I am going to be pushing it hard.. I want to get the full benefits this time.. only way to do that is hard work.

I am really sore from my lower body worokout yesterday but I am glad.. means I worked hard :) (also means I cant sit around today or I wont be able to get up.. :)

I had 2 egg whites and one egg with toast this morning.. second meal is coming up.. so I guess I should run and get that done before its too late :)

blessings
r

Comments