What motivates you?

What motivates you? For me its my husband and kids. I want to be a good example for my kids of what being healthy means. For my husband I want to be the person he married.. Now I KNOW after three kids I will never fit into that wedding dress.. (the hips are never the same after having three 9 almost 10 lb children).. but I can atleast try to look my best. I was working out this morning (squats, deadlifts and abs) and this gal came on Good Morning America.. .. What motivated her? you can read the link below and find out.

After a year of hard work, she had lost 120 pounds.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1854157&page=1

I am happy to say that I have not missed a workout in three weeks. I feel like I am slowly getting back to the old me.. I did a complete upper body workout last Friday, including burnouts.. it felt great to FINALLY be able to complete a full workout. This morning I was able to do 12, 10, 8, 6 on squats and deadlifts but did not do burnouts. Working up to it slowly is hard for me to do.. I remember being able to squat 100lbs and I want to still be able to do that.. I have to keep telling myself.. progress.. NOT perfection!..

So what have I been doing about food.. well for the last few weeks I have been trying hard to eat well balanced meals. I try not to over eat and to stop when I am full. I have been slowly working myself off of the caffine and hope to be completely off sodas next week. I noticed the end of last week I began craving water instead of 7-up.. my body is slowly coming around. Most mornings I make a fruit smoothie with some Shaklee Vanilla Protien Powder mixed in.. The kids alway share smoothie with me and LOVE it! If I want IceCream, Candy, Cake or other "bad" fuel.. I wait until my free day....

The lady in the story above talked about viewing food as a fuel.. I try to look at everything I put in my mouth as fuel now.. instead of "OH.. I deserve it.. or OH.. I am so stressed.. WHERES THE ICE CREAM!.. " If I look at food like fuel.. its a whole different mindset.. do I really want to eat fruitloops for breakfast? do I really want that dr pepper and have all those additives and garbage floating around in my gas tank? .. the answer is NO..
Heres a shot of the smoothie I had this morning. To make your own, 1 banana, 8 or so strawberries, 8-10 chunks of pineapple, and about 10 oz pinapple juice. Blend. Add Protien Powder and a few ice chunks.... I usually add the pineapple at the end and blend just a bit.. I LOVE having bits of pineapple to chew)

Heres to the start of my 4th week.. feeling good.. and feeling strong (although i am sure I will be a bit sore tomorrow :)

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." D. Viscott

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." V. Lombardi

Comments