the difference and reasons to lift

Whats the difference? Difference between what you ask? Between working out and eating right and doing nothing?

Well for me its the difference between thinking I am a fat bum of a person to knowing I am a healthy strong person.
Its the difference between not sleeping and night and sleeping GREAT at night.
Its the difference between having tons of energy and having ZERO.
Its the difference in carrying in two bags of groceries in at a time to carrying 10 bags in at a time.
Its the difference between "OH .. a little ice cream wont hurt me.. i deserve it!" .. to " GET THAT ICE CREAM AWAY FROM ME.. WARNING WARNING!"


So .. after MONTHS of being off the bandwagon.. I am back on it.. I have not missed a workout for 17 days now.. and I am feeling so much better.. I am now actually looking forward to my workouts.. eps those runs outside early in the AM with Trixy. I didnt want to post on this blog until I KNEW i was back .. and here I am!

my goals:
gain muscle and stength.. I want to be in the shape I was three years ago..
Loose 20 lbs or atleast 10 lbs of fat and gain muscle
reduce my waist size by 4 inches
be able to run a mile with comfort, and no foot pain
eat a healthy, well balanced diet

Workout log:
this morning was lower body and abs
squats: 45lbs 12 reps
45lbs 10 reps
deadlifts: 15lbs in each had 10reps
for abs I did crunches and leg lifts on the workout bench till I could do no more

(that was it for today on legs.. they started to shake and I KNEW that soreness will be in my future.. .. It think that is one of the hardest things for me when starting to work out again.. when you use to squat 100lbs.. you think you should still be able to do that.. NOPE>. so heres to progress NOT perfection)
===============
so what did you do today for exercise?

Heres some quotes for the day
There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."
Nike

OH I love this next quote:
"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
Jules Renard
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

6 of 10 reasons for women to lift weights..

You Will Reduce Your Risk Of Injury, Back Pain and Arthritis.
Strength training not only builds stronger muscles, but also builds stronger connective tissues and increases joint stability. This acts as reinforcement for the joints and helps prevent injury. A recent 12-year study showed that strengthening the low-back muscles had an 80 percent success rate in eliminating or alleviating low-back pain. Other studies have indicated that weight training can ease the pain of osteoarthritis and strengthen joints.

You Will Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease.
According to Dr. Barry A. Franklin, of William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, weight training can improve cardiovascular health in several ways, including lowering LDL ("bad") cholesterol, increasing HDL ("good") cholesterol and lowering blood pressure. When cardiovascular exercise is added, these benefits are maximized.

You Will Reduce Your Risk of Diabetes.
In addition, Dr. Franklin noted that weight training may improve the way the body processes sugar, which may reduce the risk of diabetes. Adult-onset diabetes is a growing problem for women and men. Research indicates that weight training can increase glucose utilization in the body by 23 percent in four months.

It Is Never Too Late To Benefit.
Women in their 70s and 80s have built up significant strength through weight training and studies show that strength improvements are possible at any age. Note, however, that a strength training professional should always supervise older participants.

You Will Improve Your Attitude And Fight Depression.
A Harvard study found that 10 weeks of strength training reduced clinical depression symptoms more successfully than standard counseling did. Women who strength train commonly report feeling more confident and capable as a result of their program, all important factors in fighting depression.

want to know the rest? copy and paste this into your browser window..
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/women/a/aa051601a.htm

===========================
Now if you are sitting here reading this and you have not excercised today.. get up and do something.. anything.. just get moving! You will be happy you did!

Comments