By the end of the month

Four weeks down and 8 to go. I officially finished my fourth week today. I have not missed a workout for four weeks and it feels great. I now am going to focus on the nutrition part of the program. I have been eating healthy meals and having zero junk during the week with free day being Friday night supper through Sat noon.


Here are my goals for this month:

By the end of this month I will:
Be able to run a 9 min mile (that would be 2 miles in 18 min with 2 min cool down)
Be soda free
Be able to squat 100lbs
Be able to bench press 50lbs 6 times

By the end of this month I hope to:
Eat Clean every week
Over come my addiction to sugar in sodas
Get to bed at a decent hour every night
Not miss a workout even though I will be traveling.

The workout part of the program has become habit now, my day just doesnt feel right if I dont workout first thing in the morning.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have had some people tell me that I dont need to loose weight. But that my friends in just not true. I know that most people say that cause they dont know how much I weigh.. I carry my extra weight well so its hard to believe I weigh as much as I do. Our society is a compairing society. We compair ourselves to each other and to the images we see in the media. I am NOT striving to be a super model, or a pencil thin actress. I am striving to be strong and lean, to be healthy and fit. In a world where fast food resturants are on every corner and most people go OUTto get a "home cooked" meal, its no wonder the nation has a weight problem. Being overweight and out of shape in America is epidemic. Below you will find a few quotes about the issue of weight in America..

"Epidemic.. Spreading rapidly and extensively by infection and affecting many individuals in an area or a population at the same time....A rapid spread, growth, or development"

"Fitness problems such as obesity and overweight have reached truly epidemic proportions in the United States. In the last 10 years, obesity rates have increased by more than 60 percent among adults. In 1999, 61 percent of the adult population was either overweight or obese. The obesity epidemic impacts other diseases as well. For example, the incidence of type 2 diabetes, a major consequence of obesity, is on the rise. Among U.S. adults, diagnosed diabetes increased 49 percent from 1990 to 2000"

"Eating at Fast-food Restaurants More than Twice Per Week is Associated with More Weight Gain and Insulin Resistance in Otherwise Healthy Young Adults"
http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/dec2004/nhlbi-30.htm


"For women, ages 20 to 74, 62 percent are overweight"
So heres to making progress.. I want to be in the 38% who are NOT overweight. Call me crazy if you want.. but life it to short to just sit back and not do something about this.

Comments