small milestones

So.. here I am trying to cool down from my run. I did 2 miles this morning in 26:24 ,.. almost the same time I did on Monday.. I REALLY wanted to quit with half a mile to go but I didnt.. I kept telling myself.. my body was fine.. it was my brain that wanted me to quit.. I am amazed how much metal power it takes to run/walk long distances. I guess I need to start doing some visualization to help me stay more focused.

I can tell you that I have not lost weight but I am changing my shape and feel a lot stronger than I did two weeks ago. I am getting close to being able to get a full workout in and hope to give that a try next week.

I have decided to run/walk a 5k the first part of Feb. with Cat. It is out in the hills so I worry about my feet handling a hilly run but it will be a great first 5k to do with Cat.

Yesterday I had two moments that were a challenge nutrition wise. I scooped out 12 scoops of ice cream (two for each of the kids) and I REALLY wanted some.. but .... I ate raisins instead. Then last night.. my sweet husband made an amazing choc ice cream float.. yum.. but.. yet again.. I grabbed a handful of raisins.. I literally said ... do I want the ice cream more than I want to be in shape? (I pick in shape)..
so hurray for willpower and trying to change my habits. Of course Saturday is free day.. .. I am really looking forward to that.

I had a bad day on Wednesday. Felt awful.. I just cant eat a donut and drink a dr pepper anymore like I did when I was in my 20s! ( I was running late getting Jo to the doc and I didnt make time to grab my healthy breakfast).. I felt bad alllllll day.. I know it had to do with my blood sugar.. Yesterday I ate like I should and I felt GREAT!. .. Donuts/DrPepper spell Disaster for my body. I learned my lesson.

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

After dinner sit a while, and after supper walk a mile. ~English Saying

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~Jim Ryun

Comments