How much should I weigh?

So .. here is the question.. how much should a person weigh based on their height?

When I was in highschool I weighed around 115lbs.. when I got married (15 years ago) I weighed 120lbs.. After I had my second child I weighed 165lbs and was a size 14 after my third 176 lbs and was a size 16. I did the bfl program 4 years or so ago and weighed 135 and wore a womens size 6. Today I am 140lbs and a womans size 9. So.. which is the right size and weightfor my body or does it even matter?

I have found a few website to calculate my body frame size. I thought I was medium frame.. ends up I am small frame.. going on what I calculated the weight I should be (at 5'4" tall and a small frame) should be 114 to 127lbs.

BUT I am a believer that muscle weighs more than fat! I understand that if I am gaining muscle I will weigh more.. and that will be great.. I dont have an issue with that.. but I would prefer to not be 140lbs and most of that extra be fat instead of muscle. If I end the program and weigh 140lbs but can run 2 miles, squat my body weight, do "boys" push ups.. that will be great. It is not how much you weigh when you decide to start putting on muscle.. its how much body fat you have. I still believe in using the weight/height/frame size as a guide line but when it comes down to it I really dont care how much I weigh if I am in shape.

If you are interested in see how much you should weigh based on your frame size.. and how to calculate your frame size.. check out these sites to help you.

to calculate frame size:
http://www.drugs.com/enc/image_pages/17182.html
to figure if you are under or over weight for your height and frame size:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Comments

tracey said…
Yeah, I figured I was underweight. Yeesh, I'm underweight and in my second trimester, that's not good! I'm hoping to exercise more when I stop working. I know -- excuses, excuses! =)

I'm proud of ya, Ruthie!
Ruthie said…
Progress not perfection Tracey... I know I put on a lot of weight when I was preg. by eating two to three blizzards a day! I am not sug. that for you because it would be better to eat higher quality food.. no telling what all those food colorings, sugar and chemicals did to me.. If I had to do it all over again? ,, organic ice cream!..