RAW: failing and trying again.

Last January I had a REAL SERIOUS reason to go raw. You can read about that HERE.
I ACTUALLY ATE A DONUT  YESTERDAY! had a headache within 10 mins of eating it.

I have talked and talked and dreamt of being eating raw vegan. Just like running marathons its seems to be so very extreme. And compared to the SAD way of eating it IS radical.



I have made huge progress and am literally addicted to fruit smoothies. I know the reason I have had ZERO illness for the past 10 months is because of my love of raw smoothies. I seem to have a problem sticking with the rest of my meals being raw. Why? The biggest reason is that I am not naturally an organized person. I have issues with meal planning and organizing in general.

So here is what happens.... my pattern.
1. make a commitment to raw vegan diet
2. live the raw vegan life for 2 or 3 days and start feeling GREAT! and LOVE the food etc..
3. life happens and opps.. I am out of fruit, out of greens, out of good foods...
4. back to SAD.

My plan is to start RAW right now. My goal is to make it 7 days.

Why?

CAUSE I HAVE BEEN EATING LIKE CRAP THE PAST 3 DAYS AND I FEEL LIKE CRAP!


You see... When I eat a hamburger, coke n onion rings... sure it tastes pretty good... but afterwards I feel aweful. Yesterday I literally felt like I was getting the FLU! ... so strange..

I want to be young, youthful and energetic... those SAD foods simply make me feel old, wrinkly, lethargic and lazy.

I am sure you get so tired of reading of my raw roller coaster ride... but this blog is more about me n holding myself acountable and improving myself than it is anything else.
I have read a bit about transitioning... Some articles Here and Here

I also found this video powerful:

I also found this pretty amazing.


Ok.. I could spend all day showing n sharing other people who had done raw and had great benefits... But I want to focus on me today and recommitting myself to the goal of feeling FANTASTIC!

IT'S difficult because people judge me. They will judge me for what I eat. Eventhough its MY BODY! ... It's difficult because I have 43 years of eating habits and food addictions I will be working thru.
It's difficult when I know what makes me feel good but the world screams YOU DESERVE THIS! and YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO FOCUS ON that silly raw food stuff cause it's stupid. The world will tell me I am crazy, The world will wonder if i am "getting all my nutrients" the world will wonder if its "really healthy"... while they sit there judging with a diet coke in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other.

but I will KNOW HOW I FEEL.  I will FEEL the difference and I will be younger, more energetic and happier.

So its ok with me if you want to eat your Happy Meal.. or your Sonic Brown bag...
I am done. I HATE FEELING BAD and I am done.

Today I am starting over. 

Comments

Beatrix said…
I'm so glad I read this! I'm not going raw, but I am trying to not eat out and cook from scratch. I have the same problem. By the time Thursday rolls around I am eating junk again. I noticed by the weekend I feel like crap. I am starting over too. :)