Morning Wind Runs

I rolled out of bed groggy from staying up past midnight the night before. Why do I do this to myself? I remember last summer waking up at 430am without an alarm full of energy and excited about going for a nice long run. Today, I was not excited. Today.. I made myself go.

Some people might assume that since I have been running for 4 years that I dont have to force runs out anymore. That is simply not true. Sure, I enjoy it MUCH more than i did when I started out. Sure, I can run farther, faster and with less weight around my belly, but.... some days I still have to muster the mental madness and force myself out the door.

I needed to be back home quickly so I left with enough time to do a bit over 2 miles... whats a girl to do when all she can run is 2 miles? SPRINTS of course. But UGH it was sooo windy on the second half of the run ! I have gotten to hate the wind lately.. enough already!!!!
When I sprint I start out feeling FAST.... when I finish I feel like a ton of lead. Sprints are a great workout but one that leave me feeling like throwing up. HA! Of course about 20 min after I finish I feel fantastic... but not after. No, right after is.... prayer time for sure.

After I rested a bit and had some breakfast I did about 15 mins of Zumba. I realllly want to buy the set of dvds but I am saving my $ for this:





Hopefully just a few weeks and I will have my very own! I know its so much money to spend on a blender but its going to save me so much time. Since January I have averaged making at least 2 smoothies a day .. but over this past month my smoothie prep time has increased casue the kids and hubby love them too.

... but enough of that blender talk and back to fitness :) ha

I am back on the push up schedule too... will be doing 100 a day again ... this 100 will be in spurts throughout the day like I did before. I have lost a bit of upper body strength because I stopped doing these........not anymore... I am back at it.  :)

Comments