What a GREAT Morning!

well.. we went campin last night.. and although I loved it.. i didnt get as much rest as I wanted .. thanks to a group of about 14 jr high girls who screamed and yelled until about midnight... I finally called the park ranger on them ... urgh... do parents not teach RESPECT anymore! I get soooo frustrated with how kids behave and the parents act so helpless.

anyway

so... i was up and we were headed back to town about 615 this morning... got to see lots of deer on our way back in.. t hey were so pretty :)
Had our meetup for the half marathon at 8am... we did 3 miles... the gang did GREAT... I ran from one side of campus to the other and got a pretty good little workout :) lots of sprinting... after we were done I had just enough time to run home and grab a little snack and head back up for the kids track practice. We had about 10 show up and headed over to run some hills .... I ran a few with the kids to help push them etc and then afterward ran a few laps to cool down ... after I did sets of 15 or 12 or 10 push ups... all total I did 100. :) .... and my arms are jellllooooo :) woowhoo!!

on a side note I met a good friends friend who has been reading my blog for a few years now.. that was kinda neat as she was a 'blog stalker" .. but not any more.... :) Its always fun to hear others actually READ my blog LOL :)

I am planning on a nice long run at the campgrounds tonight.. its just too pretty to NOT go for a run i have no idea how far it is around all the roads out there but I plan on running every one of them :) I will take video and photos so you can see tomorrow :)

Wow.. you know its strange to realize how much running is a part of my life now... how i use to HATE it and now I LOVE IT.... I love it just for it.. not for the weight loss factor or the calorie burn ... but just for being in the moment of running... for breathing heavy and having my lungs feel so good after .. for the hot sweaty factor.... just it. ...... Talk about a transformation. wow. Hard to get my brain around that one sometimes :)


have a GREAT day! and I hope your happy and running and fully of "i can do this today" thoughts!

blessings
Ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
I know what you mean...I want to lose a few pounds, but definitely am more likely to lose weight if I concentrate on weight lifting and sprints. But what I WANT to do is run long. But to fit it all in...is a dilemma
Amy said…
I also am starting to really enjoy my runs. What I love most is the feeling of being so powerful that it gives me now. It's no longer this struggle and battle with my body, it is something I do that makes me feel great. I agree with Josha - running longer distances is not as conducive to weight loss. what a dilemma indeed!