Snow Day Run. (PUSH UPS UPDATE)

OH I was in need of a good run... but it has been cold and last night we had snow come to town :).. I am not too much of a fan of snow and those of you who know me know many many winters I have totally fallen of my fitness bandwagon because of the cold weather.

I had Josha and others tell me that running in the winter was great .. just layer up and get going and its amazing! ... (I would think "yeah right").. but this winter.. I was determined not to gain my 15 or 20lbs back that I worked so hard to get rid of again.... so.. I began to learn to love running in the winter time.. yeah.. ME.. outside in the COLD... RUNNNNNNING... (what?) ... crazy isnt it?


Here I am before I left.... I have two layers on bottom (including two pairs of socks) and three on top.... I was dressed perfectly..... got a tad hot but then the wind kicked in an cooled me off :) when I left it was 34 degrees and snowing.

Here I am after.... I did 3 miles... the trail around campus was pretty easy to run on since the maintenance guys had driven across it in their 4 wheelers :)....

I saw one other runner (a college girl) and a walker (a 60ish year old man)...exchanged "way to go"s to each other as we passed :)





Here is my youngest.. who was so sick last week :) he is happy he is well and enjoying the snow :) He measured it first thing this morning at it was 5 inches.... and still coming down :)


I am STILL dreaming of spring and summer.... but the joy of running in the snow is like no other, the white blankets the surroundings so beautifully! I dont see how anyone could have a "bad" run in snowy weather.. not even me ! :)



Pushups scheduled for tonight....
now I am off to take the kids to play on some hills on campus.... sledding a bit .. how fun!


PUSH UPS UPDATE:

tonight was the "exhaustion test" for the push up challenge.. I managed 23 military "mens" push ups before collapsing to the floor .... I have increased my strength... being that I started out 2 weeks ago only able to do 15... but I WAS hoping for at least 30 .. maybe next time.... On to week three....

OH.. and i sledding for the first time in my life... i screamed the whole way... and Su ( my jack russell) went with me... she screamed too! Once was enough for me... for a while anyway :)

Comments

Great to get outside no matter what the weather. I don't think out snow will every completely melt!
Sarah said…
I think that runing is the snow is just so peaceful. Everything looks so pretty and serene. As long as it is not bitter cold, I love to be outside. :)
Josha said…
It's good that I like to run in snow since we get so much of it! I can't believe that once down in the sled was enough!! But I'm so glad and so impressed at your attitude this winter!! You should go back through old winter posts and compare!! Wow! Quite a difference! And it isn't that winter has changed...it's all YOU.