low and lazy week (UPDATE)

well.. a week post marathon and I am feeling low and lazy ...

I have been struggling all week with low energy. Last night I got enough sleep but this afternoon still feel sluggish. I went to my moms this afternoon and took my blood pressure and it was 79 over 58....with a pulse of 44. Now mind you this was after eating a few salty chips and walking to my moms.. so there is no telling how low it was before I got up and got over there.

All this to say.. this is why i will forever be a runner. Running just does something to my body to give me energy and without a run in the morning I am sluggish and just want to take a nap.

I am so interesting in learning what and how running effects my blood pressure. Why do i feel so great when I run? What is the physical answer to what it does to my body. So I am researching, and wish I had a best friend who was a Dr or scientist who could answer my question. :)

I HATE they way I feel without running, its like I am walking around in a daze.. hard to explain. But I will follow my "recovery" week plan until I find better advice. .. but so far I am not liking how its making me feel.

UPDATE:615pm
just got home from a 2 mile walk jog with Sulin the wonder pup! feel much better! funny how tired my legs are though.. :) Can resting be hurried upped? (hhaha)

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW! You know, Lance Armstrong has a crazy low blood pressure because he's so fit. You have a very efficient heart! Keep up the rest though because I'm sure your body needs it.