Protein, Sugar and Acai


Just wanted to share what I have in my kitchen :) ... click on the product photos to get more information.

Blog entry from Jan 2008:
"I have been wanting to post about this for about a week or so but I went to buy protein powder a few weeks ago.. (last week maybe) and I discovered they had gone WAY up on price! a large tub use to cost about 30 bucks and now its 50 something bucks! I am so frustrated because I love this protein.. I just don't know if I want to pay that much for it! .. UGH>"

I am so happy! My husband went to the health food store and bought some Vanilla Protein and it has gone back down in price.! I guess the economy has something to do with it huh? anyway... what WAS 56.00 is now back down to 30.00 and I am so happy! I use the Vanilla as a "base" for my shakes and I have really missed it :)

On the sugar front... yes I still have an ongoing battle with the white stuff. I know I dont eat ice cream and cakes and cookies and doughnuts like I use to.. but I love my sweet tea.. It just so happened last night my daughter wanted to make a homemade choc cake (from scratch) and needed to use all of our sugar to make it. As it ended up that left me with NO sugar for my tea. I was too busy painting our laundry room to stop and go to the store so I just use the Stevia packs we had in the cabinet. I also used it in our shakes yesterday. Running out of sugar was a great thing cause it reminded me how great Stevia is :) ... you can see on the chart above how it compairs to other sweeters. Now.. the BAD news is that today after church I made a shake.. and now I am OUT of stevia :) LOL... no worries I will pick up a new box at the store later this afternoon! :)
Another think DH picked up was ACAI juice. I have added it to the last two shakes I made and oh YUM its soooooo good. I love it in my shakes and I know its good for me too :)

..

ok.. so.. I must go for now.. ... my non sugar self is having withdrawals.. but more imporantly I have a laundry room to finish painting :)

I am sooooo very ready to hear what my Dr has to say. ... maybe I will actually have an answer this week.

Comments