Race Report :) (urgh.. update)

Urgh update
well.. I THOUGHT the times were really fast for the pace i was running.. I THOUGHT I felt like it wasnt far enough... I THOUGHT i shouldnt have gone to pick up our t-shirts as everyone else was waiting for the announcement of winners... .
but..
I didnt find out until this morning that one of the police officers that helped block off the roads and "lead the way" didnt have the correct street.. and that as a result.. we didnt run 3.1.. but more like 2.25 or 2.5.. who knows.. (WHY my daughter didnt think to mention it before this morning is funny too )

it was still fun
it was still great memories
but i was disappointed cause our time prob wasnt a pr..

oh well.. guess i needed to be reminded of "no need for speed" and running for the JOY of it huh :)



Here's a shot from after the race. We had a great time.. Cat had some tummy trouble (again) at about mile 2. I know once she gets this digestive stuff figured out her times will even be better and the races more enjoyable for her.
our time was better than last.. and a new PR for a 5k race for us ... 31 mins last race.. 27:07 this time..
we hope to run another 5k in 2 weeks and improve again!

the main thing is it was sooooo fun.. and such great memories to share with her!
she got second in her age group (just behind one of her close friends) and I got 3rd in my age group :)

so fun!
busy day.. gotta go.. kids at bible bowl, friends coming over later, housecleaning and painting on the mural today too! fun stuff :)

Comments

Josha said…
What a fun day! Great job, Both of You!