Talents .. hummmm.


While at Church the speaker was talking about the parable of the Talents. This lecture got me thinking again about MY talents. (yes, in the story a "talent" was money, I know.. but this parable can help me think, again about my "talent" and what i am gifted at and how to use it.)

I know this is a fitness blog.. so I wont go on and on but here a just a few thoughts:
  • Everyone is good at something, right. Everyone has something they LOVE to do dont they? Drawing, fishing, needlework, holding babies, walking dogs, working out... the list goes on.
  • How many people do YOU know that do what the LOVE everyday. Does that person seem happier than most?
  • How do we figure out what our Talents/Gifts are?
I know what my talents are by they way time evaporates when I am involved in them. Time stands still for me when I am reading to my kids, learning with my kids, painting, and exercising. If you have something that does that for you.. then its probably your gift. :)

When we figure out our gift or talent.. what then? What if your college degree OR your work experience have NOTHING to do with your gifts? What do we do then. Do we ignore our gift and put it in the "dirt" like in the parable? or .. do we do what we can to use our gifts in the way we can NOW. I think we are happier if we at least try to use our talents. .. dont you?

So.. what does working out have to do with all this gift and talent stuff? One thing I have noticed, the longer I workout and have fitness be a part of my life.. the more confident I become. You see.. as I see it..low self esteem is a HUGE factor for me NOT following my areas of "giftedness" .. So.. as I transform my body, I transform my mind, my energy and my self esteem. Being healthy can give you the confidence you need to follow your life path to doing the things you were meant to be doing.

I am here to just encourage you.. as you workout and eat right.. remember .. you are working towards the new person you were meant to be in the beginning. God has a plan for your talents.. and being fit could be the avenue you need to realize YOU CAN DO IT!

For more on your gifts and talents and how to find your gifts.. click here for a great article.

(would love to hear from any of you about how your journey to fitness has changed your thoughts on areas you are gifted in.. etc)

Blessings
Ruthie.

(click here for the poster shown above)

Comments

Unknown said…
fantastic post! can't wait to be back up and going.
JoAnn said…
great words of encouragement and wisdom!!! love,J
JW said…
Very good points and I agree... as you know I struggle with this. I will think on this and post something later... thanks for getting my thoughs going! :)