Frustrations (blog therapy) **UPDATED**

thanks for the gentle kick in the pants gals.. I just finished my workout.
I waited until 245 or so and it was nice and warm in the garage with my layers and thick sweatshirt.. :) the sun was beaming in through the garage door and it hit me perfectly as I did bench press! I was toasty warm!

I feel so much better.. than I did.. I knew I would.. working out is so important for me.. because it de-stresses me and awakens my positive self talk :) ..
I did the whole workout and did pretty well.. I can tell I am stronger than i was last time around .. so thats good! I am tired.. and thats good!

Eats have not been perfect today by any means.. but I am eating every three hours and plan to have a nice big salad for supper :) I cant do this for a lifetime if I expect myself to be perfect and to have a positive attitude the WHOLE time..

heres to progress..not perfection..
and fantastic blog buddies!
thanks.

Ok.. being totally honest here today.. topic:

Frustrations:
I am frustrated with winter.
stupid I know.. like I can do anything about it. :) I asked my hubby last night "is there any other kind of clothing that is like thermal underwear but warmer?" .. he giggled at me.. "dont think so". .. Those of you up north might be able to give me some ideas.
I guess.. really its more that my gym (garage) is not heated. So I have find a way to suck it up and just bundle up and get out there and get it done. Spring.. where are you?????

I am frustrated with my self and my eats.
Why is food wrapped up in so many areas of our lives? Its entertainment, its a social activity, its fuel for our bodies, its work (cooking and preparing), it represents monetary things (cant eat there cause its too expensive.... buying only dark meat this week cause we are watching our budget, no hamburger meat cause I refuse to pay 5 bucks a pound!).. it's confusing: I try and buy organic.. but lots of times the organic selection is not fresh, I buy hormone free meats.. (more expensive), I buy fruits and veggies but they dont stay good and fresh for but three days in my fridge,..... you get my point. Why is it that healthy foods are expensive (organics, hormone free, etc) and BAD foods are cheap? Why is it that I EVER was allowed to drink sodas?
Please dont get me wrong.. I eat WAY better now than I use too.. and i am glad about that.. but sometimes I wish it was easier.

I am dreaming for the days when I was in the ZONE. Where I was ON FIRE to get in shape. .. Just isnt like that anymore.. I am happy where I am. I want to be more fit and healthy and strong.. but who can complain about a size 4-6 and 134lbs.. not me.
so I am frustrated with myself in wanting to be fantastically fit but feeling "guilty" about wanting to be in better shape.. .. I have come so far.. ..

so..
thats it for this morning.. just a bit of blog therapy.
I am off to lift weights in my cold garage ..... I always feel better on the other side of a workout :)

I guess I am at the point of trying to find the balance of being, continuing to work towards, and keeping a healthy body. If you dont use it .. you loose it. I want to keep it.
so off I go.

(UPDATE 10.28)
well.. I gave it a go.. and it was too cold.. so I will do schooling and wait until it warms up a bi this afternoon. But I WILL get it done.. >.. I talked to Angell.. she was up at 5 and with her trainer at 6! .. so cool. she's five weeks into her workouts and going strong! .. I need to drink some of her water :) hehe..

blessings
r

Comments

Unknown said…
I know it can be frustrating, but keep it up! You can do it! It is hard, but that's what makes it worth it. If it was easy, who would care?
Josha said…
silk long underwear...can't praise them enough. Landsend.com
wear a hat and gloves.
Also, turn on some music and dance around the house with your kids before you go out there. Dance between sets. You can do this, Ruth.
Josha said…
oh yeah..."underarmour" is expensive, but worth the price. And those shake-up hand warmers are great for in your pocket for between sets. or one of those heating pads you put in the microwave that fits around your neck... Come-on! You can manage it! Winter is short! :)
sauchagirl said…
On the food side, could you find something that feels like your getting a treat but really it's healthy? How about frozen berries with a tiny bit of chocolate sauce and fat free cool whip? Or what about those 100 calorie packs? Soda-do you drink diet or regular? Could you try the flavored sparkling water or get Crystal light?
Just some ideas.
You can do whatever you put your mind to. The most important thing is achieving health. Think of what you put in your body as health and not about what size or weight your trying to achieve.
Your awesome and inspiring and you are doing great.
Josha said…
thought of this too...
What I do with the veggie thing is to buy as many as I think we can reasonably eat without letting it spoil and buying loads of frozen veggies to supplement after the fresh are gone....
sauchagirl said…
Yeah! I knew you would do it. I knew it! You are so right. It's not about perfection but progress and your not going to be "on" every day. The more you workout, the more you'll be "on".

It's a "Yeah!" day.
JW said…
Sorry I missed this post, Ruth. I have been totally self-absorbed lately. I am glad you worked out. I hope tomorrow you feel less of the Winter Blues. Do you have access to a sunlamp? Or a greenhouse? A stroll through a greenhouse can be therapeutic this time of the year!
Unknown said…
Great job!!!!! So glad you got out there and did it! Tomorrow will be another day and another challenge, and I have full faith that you can and WILL do it!
Anonymous said…
so awesome to have such a great support team with you to push you on! I feel your frustration! Thanks for being honest and open with your thoughts. It is good therapy not just for you but for us too, to know that others go thru and have the same type of frustrations. we can all do this and do it together! thanks.
Josha said…
yippeeeee! I had no doubt.