Save the dogs run:)


Todays "run" was interesting. No bears or anything.. .. I will call todays run "gone to the dogs"
It all started when i headed down the street with Su and a lady in a mini van pulled up and asked if I had seen a big yellow dog .. she said she opened the door to take the kids to school and the dog just darted out. ... I said ahh.. no.. and was leaving when .. I spotted her dog.. I called it.. and of course it came to me cause I had Su.. the smelled each other allowing time for the owner to turn her car around and call the dog.. (rescue #1 complete the picture to the side is sorta what the dog looked like)

Well .. I got on campus and began to run and was in front of the Performing Arts Center .. when I saw a dog that was BBBEEAUUTIFUL!!! It was a Weimaraner and looked just like the one in THIS picture..

long story short.. he followed us home and eventually became my friend.. I got the # off the tag and Mr Owner came and picked him up. (Rescue #2 complete) :)

Even though I was working hard resuing dogs... I still manage to run and got a good workout in. I wanted to take it easy anyway cause I woke up at about 530 and almost fell twice as I was heading to the bathroom cause I was so dizzy! I still felt a bit dizzy at 730 but got to feeling better after a bit of apple.... I think it was a blood pressure or blood sugar thing.. (this hasnt happened to me in a LOOONG time!)

My eats so far today are good.. will post the details later tonight :)

Any dogs on your jog today?










Comments

Josha said…
I'm heading out the door to rescue some dogs...er, uh, run. Great job on all accounts! I do the dizzy thing too. I do notice that I do it more toward teh ed of my cycle, so I think it has to do with blood pressure for me. I'm on the low end of normal. We both need to research and share.
JoAnn said…
Could be both blood pressure and low sugars. Sugars are the lowest when we first wake up, due to fasting while asleep, LOL! Anyway, for me, the doc asked me to keep a journal (I'm using a blank check book register) on what I eat and how I feel before and after eating. Might be something to consider. love u, JJ
Sarah said…
Aww that's so cool! :) I'm glad for those dogs and owners - I'd be devastated if we lost our doggie.

I'm sorry about the dizziness...I know what that's like, it does not feel good!