I AM back.. LOOOOONG post :)

Ok Ladies.. I am definitely.. for sure.. unmistakably back!
Here are my eats for today... which I must add are MUCH better than the last 5 days!!!!

  • organic raisin bran, raspberry tea
  • ham sandwich and about 10 small chips, tea
  • apple and peanut butter, water and tea
  • taco stew with a very small peice of cornbread, tea
  • apple and peanut butter, water..
PLEASE NOTE>> NOOOOOO SODAS!!!!******I BACK ON THE SODA FREE BANDWAGON AGAIN!!!!!!
I had NO shakes today because one of our guests at Nates birthday get together REACHED in the Ice maker to get ice instead of getting it out of the door. Well.. what happens then? the bar gets left UP and stops making ICE.. so I had NO ice !!!! By the time I realized I was out it was 6pm.. not enough time to get ice made for a shake before bedtime.. (i use a lot of ice)

I took CLA this afternoon and it seems to really help my energy levels.. Bad news? I only have one pill left.

So.. looking forward to cardio in the morning before the day starts..
will post after I am done.

ON another note..
I shared my blog, and hotmoms with another homeschooling mom.. The local group here is starting a "biggest looser" contest.. to help motivate and encourage each other.. I couldnt help but share.. and hope once people find out about my other life ("workout blog weirdo") they wont think I am crazy :) .. Its funny how hard it is sometimes to share this blog.. one part of me wants everyone to know.. so they will see if I can do this.. so can they.. and the OTHER part of me is like "what .. am I crazy! .. I dont want to share those pictures with ANYONE! much less people I know! .. " and "Sharing my daily struggles with fitness is too personal for just anyone.. " But.. I will try and stay focused again.. that this is all about health and being fit and energetic so I can (we) can be the Moms we were meant to be.
I cant wait to find out more about the contest they are putting together!

And on a completely OTHER note:
Here is a story I got via email.. thought it was good..

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house-building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by.

The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end a dedicated career.

When the carpenter finished his work, the employer came to inspect the house. He handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house," he said, "my gift to you." The carpenter was shocked! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently.

So it is with us. We build our lives, a day at a time, often putting less than our best into the building. Then with a shock we realize we have to live in the house we have built. If we could do it over, we'd do it much differently. But we cannot go back. You are the carpenter. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. "Life is a do-it-yourself project," someone has said. Your attitudes and the choices you make today, build the "house" you will live in tomorrow. Build wisely!

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting” (Gal. 6:7-8).

ok..
that is allllll for tonight.. I am off to wash dishes and get to bed..
blessings
more tomorrow!

Comments

Sarah said…
I think you were brave to share it, Ruth! I mean - look at me, I was one who totally benefitted from your sharing! Now I am beginning work out at a GYM. What's up with that??? :) It's all your influence. Thank you so much. :) ANYBODY who was struggling with their weight and fitness would be so inspired to read this blog!