Day 64-[20 days to go] Upper Body/inspiration

Last Night I was looking in my body for life success journal for inspiration and found Day 82, Diane Roberston.. I tried twice to load her picture here but it wouldnt let me.. so you will have to take the link for a jog to see the picture :) .. She did three challenges in a row .. amazing!

http://www.bodyforlife.com/media/images/challenge/champions/2000/diane_robertson.jpg

She completed three consecutive rounds of the Challenge this year, dropping from a size 18 to a size 2. With the 71 pounds of fat she lost, Diane also lost 12 inches off her hips, 17 inches off her waist, and almost 10 inches off each leg. Her cholesterol dropped from 235 to 158. She has become involved in helping many others and has set and achieved countless other goals.

“While my physical change is remarkable, the greatest change for me has been on the inside. First and foremost, I feel .."

http://www.bodyforlife.com/challenge/champions/2000champions_specialrunner.asp

-------------------------------

I have been thinking a lot about why this time on the challenge was different for me.. as I look back at my books, folders of bfl stuff I find that I have been starting and stopping challenges since before 2003.. what makes this time so different. ? Hum.. still thinking on that one.. but here is what I have so far:
1. I prayed about it..
2. I visualized myself fit and healthy every night before going to sleep.
3. I got stuborn, not letting other people bring me down..
4. Used "my body is a temple" verse.. and "I should be living in the world but not like the world"..
5. "Living Sacrifice" verse..
Of course I am still pondering what the answer is to this question but thats what I have for now..
--------------------------------

This morning was upper body.. I woke up this AM with a sore back.. from painting about 5 hours straight yesterday (trying to finish the bowling alley).. but it felt good to lift.. and work some of that soreness out..
I did the bar for bench press, that was a first..
did 15lbs in each hand on shoulder flies.. which blows my mind cause I remember when I did the first program many years ago.. doing shoulder flies with 0 weight and being sore the next day!
every other lift was good.. too much to go into here.. but I hit 10s on every lift :) it is exciting to be stronger and to start seeing the muscle definition showing more and more.. see progress is encouraging.. :)

--------------------------------

quotes for the day:

Benjamin Franklin:
You may delay, but time will not.

David Viscott:
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

Eleanor Roosevelt:
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Comments